Widener's Walther P1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed out on their $125.00 Tokarevs, but when I saw them listing Walther P1s for $260.00, I decided to bite. The local Cabela's is getting $399.00 for their P1s, and most online retailers are over $350.00 now, if they even have them. So for $260.00, it seemed worth a chance.
Well, the pistol arrived today, and to say I'm pleased with it would be an understatement. There's a tiny bit of holster wear on the front corners of the slide, otherwise the finish is near mint. Grips are uncracked and show little wear. Action is crisp and tight. Looking at the bore, its obviously been shot, but clean and shiny with deep rifling. Just a hint of rounding to the lands. Should be good for many more rounds. All numbered parts match. Came with an unnumbered, undated Walther "banner" P1 magazine. Has Bundeswehr markings, indicating that this was a military, rather than police, issue pistol.
Even though these were advertised as not having the hex-pin frame reinforcement, this one has it. (Odd thing, about that. I've always heard that the hex pin was incorporated in late-production pistols after it was discovered that prolonged shooting of high-power ammo could eventually crack the alloy frame. However,this pistol is dated '67 and has the pin. I have another P1 dated '81, and it doesn't have one.)
It even came with a cleaning kit. Which is actually for a rifle, but hey! Free cleaning kit!
After I checked this thing out, I went online to order another. Of course, they are out of stock.
Anyway, a few pics taken with no cleaning or prep whatsoever, exactly as it came out of the box:

p1 004.jpg

p1 006.jpg

p1 012.jpg

p1 013.jpg

This was my first time ordering a firearm from Widener's but based on this experience, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom