wife on board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is part way on board.

Emergency candles, lighting, etc. Storm preps.

She is OK with the genny and sure was grateful when we needed it. I think that week opened her eyes to alot.

She has seen the issues with the ammo supply this last year. Even to the point of suggesting I go by my "favorite area" and pitching in to buy her three boxes also.

As for stocking food and water for several months. Not so much.

Maybe she figures that with all the brass and lead I stockpile, we would be able to "find" the rest. haha. Not really.

Dave

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Wife likes the whole idea of being ready for stuff. She was never what you could call prepared for stuff before we were together. I had most all of my stuff before we got married, and she kinda thought it was a little different but She never disagreed with it or anything, and could see where it could come in handy. I never pushed her into anything and let her be as into it as she wanted to be.

When the ice storms hit a few years back and the electric was out here for a week, the stores were closed or had empty shelves, etc..she saw everything fall into place and was all in after that. We weren't married at that time and she had her own place but it had no power either and the meter base got torn off the house, etc. She stayed here during the outage and When we had central heat, fridge, freezer and lights, tv, etc..etc...because of the generator / fuel and we had food and drinks and everything else, everyone was glad i had all that stuff.

She knows now that when something happens, there's a plan and if there's not a plan, we have whatever we need to make one. So it's all good. She's not one of those who thinks about it 24-7 because she knows i have it all under control, but she knows where everything is, what to do with it, how to work it, etc. And when i mention needing or wanting something , she's all in...no questions asked. She knows i don't just buy stuff to be buying it so we're good.

She likes knowing that if the city water goes out, we have it covered, if the power goes out, we're good, pretty much anything short of a direct hit from a tornado we can handle fine and not really even be that much of a disruption. Like the OP, my wife says she feels safe and secure knowing we can get through anything we need to get through. I like the fact that i contribute to her not having to worry about anything. I also like the fact that if the s ever hits the f, i've got a partner that will do whet's needed to make it all work.

As far as guns...heck she buys guns too : ) I got it easy on that end..LOL

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wifes on board. My storm cellar doubles as an extra bedroom. Between tornados and ice storms it didnt take much convincing.

However my wife isnt exactly pro-gun. Shes not anti gun but she is anti shooting off porch and anti killing stuff.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's nice to hear your stories and even better to know there's a lot of us out here that are aware of our current potential SHTF possibilities, lurker I see your new sig line, comon man 2014 can only be mobetta for you

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has always been on board in a supportive role. However I make most of the decisions (with her council) on what to buy. Recently she has really gotten into it. She is actually more of what I call a broad spectrum prepper than I am. About a year ago she started saying we need more food (ok), water (ok), guns & ammo (YES!!!) :kiss: So I've been working on all the above. I tend to like to prep for specific type events that are likely to happen like power outage, tornado, ice storm, etc. She tends to be more of the zombie Apocalypse prepper. Prep for the worst hope for the best. In the last year or so I've gotten her set up with a NICE storm shelter, a decent SHTF side arm (in addition to her CCW), a nightstand shotgun (already had one just added an 18" barrel) and a decent AR. She his happy and you know the saying "Happy wife, happy life".

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife loves to prep but she straddles the line of prepping and hording. I discovered this when i went to fetch her edc bag from the car and about pulled my arm outta socket. We had ta have a little talk about "necessities"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife is and always has been 'on board'. We always looked at it as just good economics. Buying in bulk what is on sale when we could afford it. She has gotten a bit more understanding on my increasing the ammo stash since Babba got 'elected' and remembering the Clinton years. Still takes a bit convincing as to how I really 'need' that gun, but ammo is never a problem. She has even started buying some when she sees it and I'm not there.

We have always had a vegie garden, raise our own beef and chickens, have apple, peach, apricot, cherry, pear and plum trees; and supplemented with our hunts for deer, rabbit, squirrel, hog, turkey and the catfish lines. The only thing we don't process ourselves is the beef. We had never called ourselves survivalist or preppers, just independent and self-sufficient. We have 2 refrigerators and 3 freezers, plus she cans or dehydrates what we don't eat fresh. Of course, with 3 kids + their spouses and 12 grandkids, a family meal looks more like the Golden Corral buffet line. More of wanting to know what was in our food and staying away from GMO, hormone and drug laced commercial processed stuff filling the stores.

But I suppose we fit in the prepper description, so prepper we be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom