wife on board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This wife is all about it... Hubs is starting to come around! In the past year, he's helped update the BOB, buy ammo and is no longer making fun of my "food hoarding" as he calls it. He's even changed his mind about my dad being paranoid and now just calls him super-prepared. My in-laws are now starting to see the light. Mother in law even got a dehydrator for christmas :)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on board but I'm slacking big time lately. I guess I need to take a bit of a break ... Too many things to read, too many projects, too much stuff to keep up with ... It doesn't help that my darling husband couldn't make a list, prioritize it and keep to a budget to save his soul ... He's a "Oh, we need THIS RIGHT NOW!" kinda guy ... I'm a "That's not at the top of the list right now. I'm saving for this ..." kinda girl ... Guess I'm just pooped ... :(

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on board but I'm slacking big time lately. I guess I need to take a bit of a break ... Too many things to read, too many projects, too much stuff to keep up with ... It doesn't help that my darling husband couldn't make a list, prioritize it and keep to a budget to save his soul ... He's a "Oh, we need THIS RIGHT NOW!" kinda guy ... I'm a "That's not at the top of the list right now. I'm saving for this ..." kinda girl ... Guess I'm just pooped ... :(

do you think this "right now" is a cop thing? I have a few leo friends and family and they all seem to share this trait and I am wondering if its because they see how quickly life can be snatched away from you.... just pontificating....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you think this "right now" is a cop thing? I have a few leo friends and family and they all seem to share this trait and I am wondering if its because they see how quickly life can be snatched away from you.... just pontificating....

:scratch: Hmmmm ... you know ... I've been married to the man for 15 years and I never thought of it that way. I just thought I'd spoilt him too much ... :D

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just thought I had the wife a bit ago. I told her we could eat for the next 1 and 1/3 year for just $5.78 per day TOTAL FAMILY! She was at first on board, then she realized she would have to come up with $5900 now. In all actuality that is darn cheap way to eat especially if you can add in fresh food from a garden. I am gonna keep pushing her, plant a few more fruit trees this year, expand the garden another 1/3 to 1/2 and see if I can get us on an all prepper diet!

$173 a month for groceries sounds awesome!

DasSieben

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having both parties on board sure makes things easier...I'm honestly impressed with how many couples are working together on this.

My wife and I neither one were the least bit prepared for ANYTHING when we were first married and she didn't even own a firearm. I woke up and saw the writing on the wall and then I dove off head first going balls to the ball trying to make up for lost time. She thought I'd lost my mind and it was a major point of contention. I slowed down and she came to accept it. She now has her own CCW and has taken her class. She even mentioned she wanted an AR the other day. Better get it bought fast before she changes her mind ;)

She still thinks I'm a little much but does agree if something were to happen she'd be thankful. I never thought of it as prepping...just wanted to be self reliant.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is a planner and an organizer. The 2007 ice storm taught her a lot about surviving...17 days without electricity. She doesn't understand a lot of the prep stuff, not sure I do either, but she trusts me and knows I have our families best interest in mind. She's a survivor though and will be right by my side no matter what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom