Wife practicing to stop lunch money thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take her to TDSA for the AP1 class. Lots of focus on proper grip and drawing from the holster.
That was her second time shooting a 1911. She is an NRA pistol instructor and graduate of Gunsite. She is quite capable with her carry Sig of drawing and hitting the A zone in 1.2 seconds at the 7 yard line. I'm trying to get her to start carrying 1911.

Attachments

• gunsite.jpg
    gunsite.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 151

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shooting. Think she could work on the speed a little since she has the accuracy down.
She is much faster with the platform she carry. She is a SIG DA/SA P series shooter. I'm trying to get her to use the 1911 and she is not used to it yet. She is still having issues with swiping the safety during presentation. But having run many a live fire shoot house with her I'm confident in her SHTF skill set.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is her running a 1911 so important to you? If she uses a Sig with great results, why change what works?
A Sig is more reliable than a 1911.
Because in most training evolution's she is at a disadvantage having to pull a double action first pull. Plus a 1911 is just the finest gun there is. Her Legion 229 is kinda nice but nowhere near as nice as any of our 1911's

Latest posts

Top Bottom