Wild or Loose Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So last night on my completely stellar bicycle ride, I had to cut the route short and take a detour due to some dogs in the middle of the road a quarter of a mile out. Looked to be about 5 or 6 of them. One noticed me, as did the others and then it was on. Homies started bookin it straight for me! I started WTFing and whatnot and quickly turned and headed back the way I came. At this point a couple other dogs hopped in on the fun and started to chase!

I think the last two were just doing what dogs do and didn't have any ill-intentions to hurt the elite cyclist doing something totally awesome. But the entire ordeal with the 5 or 6 shook me up a bit. Had I been a bit later to the point they were more on the side of the road hiding in bushes and whatnot, this could have ended a lot worse for me and I had nothing. Wearing super-hero-like clothing material doesn't allow one to conceal a weapon very easily, FYI. But I do have some pockets in the back of the jersey... I could fit one of my smaller, mechanical devices of explosive death back there but just haven't done it. Hmmm

Anyway, the point is... I'm not riding that route again without something to back a brutha up. This isn't the first time it's happened out there (around 221st and Yale area). So, yeah, anyone used Dog Mace before or should I skip the toys and go straight for the sure thing?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys know I love dogs like I love my kids but I am gonna say put them down if you can do so legally. It is just a matter of time before this pack gets ahold of a little kid.

Dammit, I will never understand why people don't take care of their pets. It is always the pets that suffer in the end.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last night on my completely stellar bicycle ride, I had to cut the route short and take a detour due to some dogs in the middle of the road a quarter of a mile out. Looked to be about 5 or 6 of them. One noticed me, as did the others and then it was on. Homies started bookin it straight for me! I started WTFing and whatnot and quickly turned and headed back the way I came. At this point a couple other dogs hopped in on the fun and started to chase!

I think the last two were just doing what dogs do and didn't have any ill-intentions to hurt the elite cyclist doing something totally awesome. But the entire ordeal with the 5 or 6 shook me up a bit. Had I been a bit later to the point they were more on the side of the road hiding in bushes and whatnot, this could have ended a lot worse for me and I had nothing. Wearing super-hero-like clothing material doesn't allow one to conceal a weapon very easily, FYI. But I do have some pockets in the back of the jersey... I could fit one of my smaller, mechanical devices of explosive death back there but just haven't done it. Hmmm

Anyway, the point is... I'm not riding that route again without something to back a brutha up. This isn't the first time it's happened out there (around 221st and Yale area). So, yeah, anyone used Dog Mace before or should I skip the toys and go straight for the sure thing?

Spray the **** out of them just make sure you are not down wind

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Anyway, the point is... I'm not riding that route without something anymore. This isn't the first time it's happened out there (around 221st and Yale area). So, yeah, anyone used Dog Mace before or should I skip the toys and go straight for the sure thing?

Get a baseball bat. You can take out a dog on the swing and another one on the backswing. The crunch sound when the bat collides with a head and the dull squishy thump when if collides with ribs is quite exciting and not a little satisfying.

Ask me how I know...

BadgeBunny said:
It is just a matter of time before this pack gets ahold of a little kid.

Yepper!

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never used dog mace, but i think you should probably think REALLY hard about it.
They make those straps where the mace can is kind of on the back of your hand or knuckles, that way it doesn't screw up your grip, but you have easy access to it.
http://www.amazon.com/SABRE-Jogger-Pepper-Spray-Strap/dp/B002E6RERU
I love animals, but when they get rowdy, they still need to know that you are not prey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom