Wild Turkeys in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://rs1253.pbsrc.com/albums/hh586/tmcdan6/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsse3a6ddi.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

My daughter lives in Edmond now, saw these turkeys on a little walk around the a pond this morning.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a picture of a flock walking across Sooner just south of Covell was ten or twelve of them and they walked across without a care in the world. Seems they knew they were safe in town. They walked across in a couple groups but here is four of them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140910_133035_806.jpg
    IMG_20140910_133035_806.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 365

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice ones pulp.
We are over run with them at the house.
20 some roost in the trees just east of the house every night so we see them daily.
Sometimes they turn into window peekers.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO, that's what I call some peeping Toms. If my dog was lying there and one of them was to decide to gobble I can just imagine his reaction. It would either be oh crap what was that turn and bark, or oh crap what is that turn see them and retreat and bark from around the corner. Either would be hilarious though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ROFLMFAO, that's what I call some peeping Toms. If my dog was lying there and one of them was to decide to gobble I can just imagine his reaction. It would either be oh crap what was that turn and bark, or oh crap what is that turn see them and retreat and bark from around the corner. Either would be hilarious though.

Our dogs go outside when they are there if we are with them. They are wary of each other but nothing happens unless the turkey get fighting among each other and one runs.

That triggers a response from the dogs and they chase them. They just fly up into one of the trees and come down as soon as the dogs come back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one great thing about my 'hunting weapon' of choice (see signature) is that critters are ALWAYS in season. My shots aren't as close as some of the above, but they are still good ones to me. The wife and I were out doing our 1.5 mile daily walk when we saw a big flock of the wild turkeys over in a pasture area. There was probably around 50 of them. Sadly, I didn't have a camera with me, and even if I had have had one, they were pretty far off, even for the zoom lenses.

To the left of this next picture, there is a tom that kept circling a hen to prevent her from reaching the rest of the flock. As we approached, those two went off into the woods, and I suspect the tom had 'thoughts' on his mind.

More 'fowl' play going on here. At least 4 toms doing their strutting around a couple of hens.

Now that fall is upon us, the wild turkey and deer are all spending a bit more time and in larger numbers than earlier in the year. Of course, the peak season for vacationers and weekenders is just about at an end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom