will it fit??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
will a kx3 or a spikes warthog fit inside of a yhm lightweight free float?? the idea is to put one on a 7.5" barrel inside of a specter length...

while were at it would you do the above mentioned or just do a 10" with a patriot ordnance brake?

keep in mind that this will be a side-charger and the bolt carrier group is heavier.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the KX3 will fit under a YHM rail. I don't know about the Spikes, but I'd imagine it would also fit. My silencer is 1.375" and it clears my YMH rail with PLENTY of room.

If I were building an SBR I think I'd rather have a 10-12" barrel, but the 7.5s are very fun as well.

Be prepared for major gas in the face with the side charger.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow i didn't know sidechargers were bad about gas in the face. the 7.5 might help out a little being a pistol length gas system.

is the accuracy really night and day between 7.5" and 10" i figure if i'm spending 200$ on a stamp i want to stay below 10"

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accuracy is probably not a factor between 7.5 and 10". 7.5s can be very finicky to get running right. The longer the barrel and gas system the smoother the gun will run typically. With a pistol length gas system you'll probably get more gas in the face. There is more pressure when the bullet passes the gas port than a longer gas system will see.

The 7.5s are fun as all get up to shoot when they run well. Also, some folks never have a problem getting them to run. The concussion and fireball from the 7.5s is definitely grin inducing, but it can get obnoxious. The 10.5s aren't much better about the concussion, but they are better.

It all just depends on what you want. I think for the few extra ounces and 3" added lenth, I'd rather have a 10.5 than a 7.5, but since it's an AR you can always have both uppers to use on your one SBR lower. :)

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you put the primary length caliber. As long as you keep the original upper that you used you can swap them at will. If you decided to sell the upper that made it into the registered configuration, you just write the ATF a letter so they can update the registry with the new "primary" config.

They don't dig on multiple calibers/lengths anymore.

Scott_In_OKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Insert gratuitous 7.5" pron here...

ai759.photobucket.com_albums_xx239_Scott_In_OKC_Firearms_SpikeComplete.jpg

Mine has been 100% reliable running an H buffer and full auto carrier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom