Wilshire Gun CCW Free Safe Competition, thoughts on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the input. Feel free to provide me with feedback on the match or potential improvements for future matches. I am lucky enough to work for a company that wants to promote shooting for the ordinary CCW EDC crowd. We had some miscommunications on this first one and the round count was reduced from 78 to 24 or so. We are going to bump it back up to the 60-80 range for the next one. Sorry if anyone was offended by pictures but I asked in advance and no one objected. We (CCW safe) provided all the prizes and helped run the competition. The $25 went to Wilshire to offset the range costs for 2 bays for 3-4 hours. The next one will be smoother and Wilshire is going to provide gift certificates for prizes. My email is gary@ccwsafe so feel free to email me. I don't have time to work the forums much so email is best.

Gary

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes he did. And Will scored him with the win. I am doubful personally..... Just kidding. Good job shooting all banged up. Should take away a lot of the other excuses.

For what its worth Dustin, and myself sold the idea of a CCW competition (not a pistol match) to our bosses and to Wilshire. We volunteered our time to run competition with no prior experience. Well I shot PPC in 1987. But we tried to design it with potential real world scenario for the EDC permit holder. As I said above if anyone has stage ideas or other input feel free to share it with me.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW I took a photo of the score sheet if anyone is interested. I think I got the top 19. Not sure what formula they used so don't ask me. That is on the list of things to simplify.

Gary, Post it if you can. If not PM me and I'll post it for you.

From the sounds of the numbers, I think they used "Hit Factor" Points divided by the total time. 5 points for A, then it depends on what tables they used. USPSA uses for A, B, C, D = 5, 4, 4, 2 for major and 5, 3, 3, 1 for minor. Then the last stage could have deducted up to 5 second with 5 A zone hits.

Practiscore is going to be the best answer to the scoring issue!! :) You might have to reverse the way the bonus is handled if you do that. Set a stage and score 1 sec per shot that is not in the A zone.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the input. Feel free to provide me with feedback on the match or potential improvements for future matches. I am lucky enough to work for a company that wants to promote shooting for the ordinary CCW EDC crowd. We had some miscommunications on this first one and the round count was reduced from 78 to 24 or so. We are going to bump it back up to the 60-80 range for the next one. Sorry if anyone was offended by pictures but I asked in advance and no one objected. We (CCW safe) provided all the prizes and helped run the competition. The $25 went to Wilshire to offset the range costs for 2 bays for 3-4 hours. The next one will be smoother and Wilshire is going to provide gift certificates for prizes. My email is gary@ccwsafe so feel free to email me. I don't have time to work the forums much so email is best.

Gary

Thanks Again for helping facilitate this. Lots of fun and it provides some training and practice so many on this board have been complaining recently about the lack of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom