Win $50: OSA's NCAA Football Official Survival Pool Week 8 for 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree last man standing through the college football season - it ends with the championship game -
It may be a good idea for us to agree on a plan now in the case more than one makes it past the regular season (i.e., if we simply continue the game for the last 3 games--semifinals and championship--it might influence what someone picks in the next few weeks).

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In other words, using available teams to get through the regular season is one plan--followed by tie-breakers using the last 3 games. Another plan (and maybe not a good one...I'm not sure), is you can only use your un-used teams in the last 3 games. Other ideas?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking we ought to plan picks to survive the regular season. Then, if more than one of us survives, use the 2 playoff (and championship) games to settle the ties (i.e., we get to pick from all teams in those games). Sound fair?

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are over thinking and just need to apply some basic math.

No team has less than 5 games left to play. Only one picker has more than 4 teams to pick from (furlong has 6!).

What should happen is the old rule #11 should be returned, not sure why a system that was not broken was attempted to be fixed.....
Tie breaker if everyone loses on the same day.*11) With your pick post a prediction for the total number of points scored in that game.

I have the least teams left at 3, but everyone else also has those same 3 teams.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No over-thinking going on here. I've been under-thinking it...that is, not actually thinking it through because of work-related time-constraints. Sounds like a plan.

Hopefully I can find some time to actually work through my picks for the next several weeks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom