Winchester 1300

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great shotgun. I've got two (had three), the one I sold had the poly furniture, the two I still have are wood. If anyone runs across a forearm for one of these (just as pictured above), let me know; one of mine has a crack. If I do any more selling, I'm definitely keeping one. I like 'em.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great shotgun. I've got two (had three), the one I sold had the poly furniture, the two I still have are wood. If anyone runs across a forearm for one of these (just as pictured above), let me know; one of mine has a crack. If I do any more selling, I'm definitely keeping one. I like 'em.

Might give Gene Sears in El Reno a call; they have a lot of furniture available.

Long Barrel 44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with a wood furniture model. I had a synthetic one that a friend begged me to sale him every time he shot it. Now I own another and can't be more tickled. They are great shotguns.

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 1300 Defender also. When I got it, it had a pistol grip and poly fore end.That was the first thing to go.
I replaced the stock with a wooden one. I got a regular-length barrel and replaced the 18" barrel.I gat a regular magazine tube, but haven't replaced the magazine tube yet.
I also put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it.
I've only shot it once, but I really like it.
Rick W

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me that is the quintessential home defense or 'riot' gun. Love them. My little brother got the one his dad had when he passed and I hope he always has it.
I've got the newer 1300 with the more matte finish and pistol grip butt stock. First gun ever purchased.

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1300 Defender and like it a lot as far as pump action fighting shotguns go. It is lighter, slimmer, shorter, and handles better than my old Mossberg 500 which has the same capacity. I've frequently wondered why these aren't more popular. No clue on how mini shells work.