Winchester 62 Pump production date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was given a Model 62 pump today from my dad and im trying to figure out a production date and my gun isnt matching info Im seeing on the net. Can anyone help me?

The gun is stamped Winchester Model 62 22SL or 22LR. The pump is less than 6" with 12 grooves and the SN is 486XXX. The SN is in two places, behind the trigger and in front of the trigger on the bottom of the reciever. The is aslo a "B" stamped below the SN on the reciever.

i will try to get pics up but Im at my parents and they have slow internet so it maybe sunday when I get back to OKC to get pics up

Thanks

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, you can go here http://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php
and enter the serial number to get a date. I did, using the SN you posted and it came back as not valid for a model 62, outside the range of SN for that model. Something's wrong here - either the data base or the SN you listed, or I put it in wrong. I dunno. I wonder if it could be another model? or if you could have added a digit in what you posted?

Second, save yourself some trouble, and don't post the full SN on the net. Makes it too easy for bad guys to make trouble for you. That's why most guys post it as SN 48xxx, rather than the entire thing. I'd edit that out if it were me.

Third, congrats on the neat old gun.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom