Winchester Pump .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I picked this up at an auction this past weekend, and wanted to get your guy's take on it...

It states that its a Model 06 that can fire short, long, or long rifle .22.

According to going through things here: http://aaa-webs.com/aaa/webs/homestead/courses/1906/1906-2models.htm

I think its an Expert Model, not sure of the manufacture date, serial starts with 741xxx. It does fire and cycle fine, I shot 2 rounds out of it when I got home. My main concern is whether I should do anything with the gun at all, or leave it as is? I know alot of times its best to leave as is...

The wood is in pretty bad shape, as shown. The pump part is cracking length wise, and as you can see by the screw going sideways through the stock, its cracking also...Another bad part is that half of the tube ring is missing, and someone thought it'd be a good idea to try to weld the missing half...

Here's a couple pics...what do you guys think...? What are these things worth...

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I don't really know what they are worth, but the decision is all yours. Since somebody has already manipulated it, the collector value is mostly gone. You just gotta make a decision if this is a gun that you care about collector value or not. If you plan to keep it forever and give it to your kids one day, then fix it up, make sure that in 30 years it's in no worse condition than it is today. If you plan to keep it for a bit, then turn around hoping to make a profit, leave it alone and only do normal maintenance on it.

This is just my philosophy though, it's all up to you. I can't imagine that the gun is worth much in that condition, I'm guessing you paid around $120? I could be way off though. :)

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of these in considerably better condition. It's worth maybe $400 or so.

These are great little rifles. I grew up with one (not my current one unfortunately), and have killed enough critters with it to repopulate most of the state.

You can still find parts and wood for these. I think Numrich would be the place to start if you plan to fix it up. I would do that, and keep it and just use it. I can't see any profit in fixing it up for sale. It just has too many issues, and these are not real rare.

I know of no gun that has the lightness and balance of these. You can literally carry it all day and it still doesn't get awkward or heavy because of the very small spot just ahead of the receiver that fits the hand so nicely.

The other option is to sell it for parts. CB

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if it wasn't already welded on then you would have the option of spending a lot of money on RE storing it and maybe making it worth $500 or just repairing it good enough to be a shooter. But since it is welded on and in not such good shape any ways, I would just fix it up good enough to be a shooter. That stock would be a good project to practice on and if you ruined it totally, no big loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom