Woman robbed INSIDE a Walmart.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.click2houston.com/news/22806207/detail.html

Just another reminder of the importance of being prepared and having your CCW with you at all times. There is no such thing as a "safe" place these days.

The painful part of the story

She said she was not about to just roll over. She said she followed the man through the aisles and yelled for help.
"I got right behind him and I was going after him," Jones said. "I was not going to let him get away and nothing happen."

However, she said that's exactly what happened. Jones said the robber just strolled out of the store past employees inside and security outside.
She said the manager told her that the security guards cannot get involved with robberies.

"He said even if the security guards had been inside the store, there's nothing that they can do," Jones said. "They are there to protect the store."

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad but true; Walmart has a policy that has been tested several times. But then, when most of their "security" people are retired in their seventies, you really can't expect much.

Had the woman had her CCW and was carrying, she could have done what was needed to protect her.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the woman had her CCW and was carrying, she could have done what was needed to protect her.

In her interview, the woman said the mugger surprised her and had her in a chokehold with a "sharp object" in her back. I'm not sure reaching for a CCW would have been in her best interest at this point. Presumably she handed over her money while in the chokehold, at which point the robber would have released her. She could have then whipped out her CCW - and done what? If the mugger moves away, the imminent danger is past, and she can't legally plug him. Sure, she could still shoot him in the heat of the moment, but she'd be in deep doo-doo once the police arrived.

So it's best to carry a CCW - and be aware of your surroundings.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In her interview, the woman said the mugger surprised her and had her in a chokehold with a "sharp object" in her back. I'm not sure reaching for a CCW would have been in her best interest at this point. Presumably she handed over her money while in the chokehold, at which point the robber would have released her. She could have then whipped out her CCW - and done what? If the mugger moves away, the imminent danger is past, and she can't legally plug him. Sure, she could still shoot him in the heat of the moment, but she'd be in deep doo-doo once the police arrived.

So it's best to carry a CCW - and be aware of your surroundings.

exactly what I was going to say.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.click2houston.com/news/22806207/detail.html

Just another reminder of the importance of being prepared and having your CCW with you at all times. There is no such thing as a "safe" place these days.

The painful part of the story

She said she was not about to just roll over. She said she followed the man through the aisles and yelled for help.
"I got right behind him and I was going after him," Jones said. "I was not going to let him get away and nothing happen."

However, she said that's exactly what happened. Jones said the robber just strolled out of the store past employees inside and security outside.
She said the manager told her that the security guards cannot get involved with robberies.

"He said even if the security guards had been inside the store, there's nothing that they can do," Jones said. "They are there to protect the store."
I agree with others what would CCW have done. Obviously he wasn't too worried about her and not a huge threat if she followed him as such yelling for help. Why did nobody call the police or where was her cell phone? Security may not be able to do anything but the police sure can.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im willing to bet open carry would have deterred him to another victim

It may or may not have. The crime would have more than likely still been committed. Maybe on another innocent person. Even if she did open carry if he attacks her the same way, choke hold from behind and knife in the back the gun is again useless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom