Women and Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread didn't really go were I hoped it would have. I wanted to see how some of our women OSA'ers are currently carrying but maybe the lack of responses tells me that maybe they aren't?

Except for Robertson07, but you didn't tell me how you were carrying, only that you weren't happy with it. :(

BC

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appendix carry myself. I can't carry farther back because of a rotator cuff problem.

What kind of gun? What kind of holster? I don't see how anyone can carry a gun of any size in the front like that. Seems as if it would jab right into your groin when you sit down. Maybe my "gun" is too big :D

Of course it might be a more acceptable carry position for a woman!

one-non-blonde

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry an XD subcompact .40 in a K&D holster. Being female, it is the best set up of all my guns. I tried other types of holsters, but I perfer a thumb break on the K&D. Keeps things in place when I need them (i.e bathroom breaks)...

I shoot the Ruger 9mm better, but I can't carry it because the barrel is too long and jabs me no matter where I carry. I don't feel like I have enough fire power with my Bersa .380. The .40 seems perfect for me...

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry. I have just recently acquired my license (Oct.8). I am a little frustrated with my set-up.

My current set-up is:

M&P9c in Crossbreed supertuck
LCP in Crossbreed miniclip (the LCP is fine its the M&P I am having issues with)

at 4:00.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry. I have just recently acquired my license (Oct.8). I am a little frustrated with my set-up.

My current set-up is:

M&P9c in Crossbreed supertuck
LCP in Crossbreed miniclip (the LCP is fine its the M&P I am having issues with)

at 4:00.

Maybe you just need to give it some time to get used to it. I mean, afterall...your body has something foreign on it right now. It's gonna take some adjusting to.

Remember when you were a teen and felt that huge bulge in yer britches?

I do!

It took me FOREVER to get used to that billfold in my back pocket! :pms2:

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you just need to give it some time to get used to it. I mean, afterall...your body has something foreign on it right now. It's gonna take some adjusting to.

It's not the getting used to that is the problem. My gun is very comfortable at 4:00 its my pants that are the problem. My problem is that I have trouble finding jeans to fit me. Most jeans have a huge gap in the back because I have a deep curve at the small of my back. even jeans made to NOT gap... still gap on me. Then i go and put a 2 inch thick gun in my pants and that makes the gap more like a canyon... you can turn your hand sideways and it will fit. Belts don't help either because they don't curve inward in the middle of my back. I have a Comp-tac curved gun belt on in this picture and there is still a huge gap. As you can see in the picture below.
[Broken External Image]

I am finding this to be a much bigger challenge than I ever thought it would be.

I am VERY short waisted so i buy all superlow rider jeans to get them to fit my like normal jeans fit most people. If I wore pants that went any higher they would be practically at my boobs...

I am hoping that potentially switching to a LadyFIST holster will solve these issues by the gun being OUTSIDE my pants it wont cause them to gap, and the ladyFIST sits low so that will work better for me than a high rise holster.

Anyway... with it being winter its isn't so bad for concealing since i wear long coats, just a little drafty :freezing:.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I recommend trying a smaller profile holster. What I mean is, the crossbreed adds a lot of "surface area" to the basic gun. I have a K&D IWB holster that is similar to the Crossbreed in that it has two clips forward and behind the gun, rather than on top of it. And also like the CB, it requires a lot of belt space. I've found that that style of holster does not work for me. Where the basic "sheath" looking IWB holsters work much better for me.

Holsters like these:
Don Hume 715
Don Hume PCCH
Bianchi 3S

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Robertson07, I really like the idea of the LadyFIST. I'll bet that combined with the compact size of your M&P9c, you will like that. If you get it please give us a report.

BTW. be careful when you Google "LadyFIST"

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend trying a smaller profile holster. What I mean is, the crossbreed adds a lot of "surface area" to the basic gun. I have a K&D IWB holster that is similar to the Crossbreed in that it has two clips forward and behind the gun, rather than on top of it. And also like the CB, it requires a lot of belt space. I've found that that style of holster does not work for me. Where the basic "sheath" looking IWB holsters work much better for me.

Holsters like these:
Don Hume 715
Don Hume PCCH
Bianchi 3S

Hmmmm.... I hadn't thought of that, maybe I need two holsters:anyone: Either way I obviously need more $$ in my holster fund.

Latest posts

Top Bottom