Wondering about a bullet buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just recently bought my first order of extreme bullets 165 grn plated for 40/10mm. I have only shot a handful of these so far but I can see how these could really be a nice bullet to shoot all the time. I paid 92.00 for a thousand to my front door. I saw a plastic bowl of plated bullets at Murfs for if I recall correctly thirty something for 250 bullets. Now Murfs bullets looked like factory seconds in comparison to what I just received from extreme. This got me to wondering if folks in my neck of the woods have ever considered doing a group buy. Thinking I read somewhere that 25,000 is like the magic number for a bullet order. Anyone form a buying consortium before?

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured it would probably take a while. I am in for a group buy for a forty mold over at the Noe website. Between it, the 1k I bought from extreme, 500 hiteks from bayou I might just sqeek by. Murf's is selling 180 grn cast lead for a forty for around 54 for 500. He had some less than awesome plated in a plastic bowl 250 for around 40. If 40s are as popular as I believe they are, there should be a heaping bunch of folks looking for a group buy.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes Swamp there are two different ones. The ones I got are the cheaper plate. They also have 165 RNFP HPCB. Which I interpret to mean Heavy Plate Cast Bullets. As for H110...not since the last time I was in there but that was a week ago. I probably ought to swing by and post an update on the powder situation. Really hope the powder dam breaks in the new year like some folks speak of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom