Wool camo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have a couple pieces of wool. I wash it in cold water and lay it on a bed to dry. It may have shrunk a bit, but not bad.

That's just my experiences, though. Don't blame me if you get a baby sweater. :D

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really your options with wool are dry clean, cold water wash and hang/flat dry, or spot clean.

My wool sweaters and such always shrink in length when I hand washed them and layed flat, so I have given up on that all together. I don't own any wool garments anymore aside from outwear that I basically never wash (see below), or merino/SmartWool socks that don't really suffer from the shrinkage problem.

I would give a general wipe-down on the garment with a diluted Woolite solution and spot clean any evident stains. Spot clean meaning I simply use a bit more solution in that area until the spot cleaned up.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest putting it in the dryer... with a couple of Mountain Fresh dryer sheets, to truly give you that "outdoor fresh" experience! Deer will feel right at home in your scent trail!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put my favorite wool sweater with wind breaker in it on the first weekend of bow season and it did not go down my arms or cover my stomach....dang it. Ordered a new one and luckily they were on sale. I have washed mine many times in cold and they r fine but do not put them in the dryer. I just hang mine over a chair on the back porch and let them air dry. I don't know if I accidentally dried mine or my wife did but it is ruined.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for a small amount of woolite, cold water, and hang dry. I also make sure the garment fits a little looser than normal at first, to allow for some shrinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom