Worlds largest army...Hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this in an email today, and thought it was interesting. Without looking it up, the numbers don't seem to be out of line.

The World's Largest Army. America's Hunters?

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great. There were over 600,000 hunters. Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay. But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops with that kind of home-grown firepower.

This is a good story but I do not think they can stop a T-90 tank with a bolt action rifle or a double barrel shotgun. Anything that could be used in a resistance has been taken away or very expensive.

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AWESOME! We need to make sure those hunters vote! Too bad most of our wives will cancel out our vote. It's a fact who voted in our current administration. :(

Pointman66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good story but I do not think they can stop a T-90 tank with a bolt action rifle or a double barrel shotgun. Anything that could be used in a resistance has been taken away or very expensive.

The odds of any American seeing a foreign tank on our soil is rediculous slim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom