Worlds largest Sporting Goods store opens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm good! There is a great RV spot on Lake Lewisville not far from the store. That's where I'll be.

Is it one of the two pull through RV spots? I’ve stayed there several times when shooting skeet at the Dallas Gun Club. There is a sea plane that occasionally flies around the lake that is pretty cool to watch.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it one of the two pull through RV spots? I’ve stayed there several times when shooting skeet at the Dallas Gun Club. There is a sea plane that occasionally flies around the lake that is pretty cool to watch.
Its owned by the city of Highland park
https://www.highlandvillage.org/Facilities/Facility/Details/1
They need some serious work on their website for reservations, but there are pull throughs in the middle and back in around the edges. Our rig is 36' long and we don't have a problem getting in 90% of the slips. They are right on the waters edge. We have caught bass and sand bass right behind our camp site. Water and 50 amp electric provided, no sewer but they have a dual dump station so two rigs can dump at the same time.
We walked the entire area and made notes about what slip is the best so if your interested, I can forward it to you. Then you can get on the sites web page and pick out the one to stay at. The staff is really friendly and close at 5pm. If your coming in late, they will give you the gate code to get in any time.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its owned by the city of Highland park
https://www.highlandvillage.org/Facilities/Facility/Details/1
They need some serious work on their website for reservations, but there are pull throughs in the middle and back in around the edges. Our rig is 36' long and we don't have a problem getting in 90% of the slips. They are right on the waters edge. We have caught bass and sand bass right behind our camp site. Water and 50 amp electric provided, no sewer but they have a dual dump station so two rigs can dump at the same time.
We walked the entire area and made notes about what slip is the best so if your interested, I can forward it to you. Then you can get on the sites web page and pick out the one to stay at. The staff is really friendly and close at 5pm. If your coming in late, they will give you the gate code to get in any time.

Okay - different RV Park. We stay at the Lewisville Lake Park Campground. Those 2 pull throughs are only 30 amp spots but work fine since we don’t need a second AC unit during the time of year we are there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay - different RV Park. We stay at the Lewisville Lake Park Campground. Those 2 pull throughs are only 30 amp spots but work fine since we don’t need a second AC unit during the time of year we are there.

It's pretty cool when we pass through there as well. The kids and grandkids live in Lewisville, so its a must stop place for us on the way south for the winter.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was their optic display. Keep in mind the spotting scope and binoculars were in another display.

24cf9cfb57776fe2952d069765ce27e6.jpg

2481bc729f3c4a0e2010f2a62e13e4c3.jpg

d8939cc45a9931b254f780f1a44bcea8.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a Scheels about 15 or so years ago in Fargo ND (IIRC) when I took my youngest son to a dog training clinic up there, and I was blown away. I had no idea they were opening one in DFW.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom