Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec

• Absoutley

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 77 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • I would rather have a pocket full of rocks

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not as simple as Glock Vs. KeTec.

If Glock made a gun, for sale in the U.S., as small as my P3AT, I'd buy it and carry it....until then the P3AT goes in the pocket when I'm in a hurry and strapping on the Glock 26 on isn't a good option.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not as simple as Glock Vs. KeTec.

If Glock made a gun, for sale in the U.S., as small as my P3AT, I'd buy it and carry it....until then the P3AT goes in the pocket when I'm in a hurry and strapping on the Glock 26 on isn't a good option.

I don't know if you've seen them or not but the Diamondback DB9 is very similar to the Glock.

dukhunter20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my experience with my dad's PF9, I would say yes. There have been two instances that I had a light strike (out of around 300 rounds), caused by "incorrectly resetting the trigger", I think. After knowing what the problem was, I have not had the same issue. I would buy one myself if I did not already have a G26.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several pistols, including Glocks, Browning Hi-Point and I have a P11 9mm. I bought the p11 used and I love this little bastard. I have shot it many times and it has never caused a problem one time. So, yes, I do trust it and love how it is the smallest 9mm in the world. It is nice when I just want to run to the corner store real quick and just put it in my pocket for a quick trip. Otherwise, I will carry my Glock 30 SF in the Crossbreed Supertuck. I agree with the previous comments made about people commenting on this thread who has never shot a kel-tec, or has shot their kel-tec less than a couple hundred rounds.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand when someone posts they would never buy a gun that needed to be fluffed and buffed. Many of the 1911's on the market today, no matter how well built, needs a tweek here and there. I had a friend who plunked down $900 on a Kimber and could not even shoot a full mag without a FTF or FTE. Glocks are the only pistol I have ever fired with no problems, however, I have seen Glocks fail on many occasions. Any semi-automatic is going to require a break in period. Keltecs are no different. I've had many keltecs with only one of them giving me a problem, which keltec fixed.
If I had a choice between carry my Glock or my Keltec, I would go Glock, however, the Keltec is just too easy to hide, too easy to carry and just not noticeable no matter how I carry it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom