Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec

• Absoutley

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 77 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • I would rather have a pocket full of rocks

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a P-11 that's going back to Kel-Tec. 90% of the time the trigger won't reset, I have to flick the trigger multiple times to get it to catch. Also another major issue I have it that the trigger won't pull the hammer far enough back to allow it snap forward. I've taken it completely apart multiple times and even got some free replacement part from Kel-Tec that I swapped out including new trigger springs, hammer springs. and even a new transfer bar. Still don't work, very weird. I wonder if its something larger like the aluminum frame being milled wrong.

I'm sure Kel-Tec will make me happy in the end by fixing everything, but I still gotta tell my story as it happens. So no, I definitely wouldn't trust my life with a Kel-Tec.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only one I had was a P32 and it,in the first 20 rounds I fired,had a catastrophic failure so I'm torn between no and a pocket full of rocks(voted no).That said,the 9mm seems to be pretty reliable although I have no interest in them.If I wanted a very small lightweight semi,I would buy a Kahr MK9.I think I'll stick with my 340 pd for that purpose.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only experiance is with a PLR15 so I said yes with this weapon. Ive only had one ftf and that was a bad case that I didnt notice while loading. Ive put around 700 rounds through it and it has eaten everything that I feed it. Not to mention it is scarry accurate. I can drill a man sized targets head all day long at 35 yards.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had two p11 a p32, p3at, and a pf9. The pf9 is the one i had trouble with the mag dropping and the firing pin came out on the very first mag on the 4th round. Have got it working now but i do'nt think i'd recomend one to a friend unless their very handy with there hands.
Think KT's problem is they do'nt change out tools often enough and the mold for their grip is'nt right. But i guess they are $200 pistols unless you get hosed and payed over $300 for one.
I pack my p3at every day and do'nt have to worrie abought sweating all over it caues it came from the factory prepitted, Must have laid on a wet sement floor for awhile.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My P3AT still hasn't failed in any way. I've probably got in the neighborhood of 200 rounds through it, but it was used when I purchased it so it may have come broke-in. With some guns those first couple hundred rounds are the most problematic.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How big are the rocks? Seriously, I've never shot a Kel-Tec but I'm sure that it is a fine weapon. I carry my LCP most of the time and don't believe there is a lot of difference between the two.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one in .380 that was stolen a year ago. Of all the guns I own that is the one I was happiest about being stolen. I bought it new in 2007 and it was unreliable out of the box with ball ammo. It jammed more than it shot. So I returned it to Kel-Tec and they worked their magic on it. I got it back and it didn't jam nearly as much. Only a few times every time I shot it.

So, I'm back strictly to Glocks & 5-shot S&W and Taurus revolvers.

Be rid ye of the Tauri, lest they only be used for play. (me own 2 pence...)

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carry P3AT every day, have put in excess of 400 rounds through it without so much as a single malfunction, I would and do trust my life with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom