Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec

• Absoutley

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 77 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • I would rather have a pocket full of rocks

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As stated before I'll take my J-frame 640ND, if I feel the need to go larger, it will be my 66 2.5" or my 3913, none of which ever needed to be fluffed an buffed, or anything else, just load an shoot. I refuse to buy a gun where I need to have work done on it to make it reliable!!!!

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all of you that are bashing "them" as a whole, you should base your argument on facts of a particular gun, I dont know how you could even answer this thread if you have never owned or shot one....

For example, at the USSA rifle match last Sunday the guy in our squad with the most expensive gear (LMT ar-15, Colt gold cup .45) Had the MOST malfunctions, and he had to borrow another rifle before the day was over. So along some of your thinkin, I should think all LMT's and Colt's are junk. If you dont take care of your gun and Clean and oil it once in a while it WILL fail.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree that each gun is an individual thing. Given I had a Keltec that was 99.9% reliable (nothing is 100% certain except death,) and had practiced with it enough to be a good to excellent shot (head/upper chest area under stress), I would be able to bet my life on it. Rather have a 12 guage pump, but those are hard to conceal.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owend the PF9 and the P3AT both had problems with feeding and extraction to the point that they could not get through a full magazine without a failure. My department issues P3AT's to the administration and all of them have problems as well. One gun malfunctioning is a lemon multiple guns malfunctioning is a design flaw. just my two cents.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've had 5 keltec's 1 p32 ,2 p3at's , 1 p 11 and an su16 none of the pistols was reliable even after the fluff and buff. the su16 never failed through 700-800 rnds i wish i had it back

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i've had 5 keltec's 1 p32 ,2 p3at's , 1 p 11 and an su16 none of the pistols was reliable even after the fluff and buff. the su16 never failed through 700-800 rnds i wish i had it back

If you liket the SU16 you ought to get the PLR16. It is trouble free and dead on accurate not to mention the punch yet has almost no recoil....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Gen II P3AT, and bought any .380 that I could find when the ammo frenzy was on. I have yet to have a malfunction of any kind from day one.
Its my constant companion.
Its been a month or so since I shot it, and after reading this thread, I picked all of the pocket lint balls off of it, and ran two mags of FMJ through it. Flawless.

Yes I will bet my life on it with the speer gold dots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom