Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you bet your life on a Kel Tec

• Absoutley

Votes: 31 18.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 77 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • I would rather have a pocket full of rocks

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried out my new Kel-Tec PF-9 that I bought at the Tulsa gun show a few weeks ago, and it worked fine. I would trust it as much as any other pistol I own.
Ran a 100 rounds or so of jhp's and fmj's from several different companies and only two problems. One bad primer that wouldn't fire and one crimped case that
didn't eject properly. So for a new gun I didn't think that was too bad. For such a short barrel the accuracy was plenty good for a summer pocket carry gun.

ber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I trust mine. No problem. Like with any gun company sometimes ya get a lemon. Just make sure ya function check it and run some rounds through it.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy next to me when I took my CCW class had one. It jammed every 4 or 5 rounds. Even many of the responses here say they only jam once in a while.

By contrast, the three Glocks I have owned have malfunctioned a total of zero times. Not a single stovepipe, failure to feed, or failure to eject on any of them, ever.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK lets say you ride a motorcycle, do you buy a cheap HJC $120 helmet or do you buy the $600 Shoei to protect yourself... I may be crazy but id buy a glock and pay 200 more if my life depended on it

Its a valid point...
But what are keltecs?>>pocket guns
What are glock>>>not pocket guns

some can carry a thick gun on the hip all the time, but for 99.9% of the world..they WONT.
If you got something..its better than nothing. Can you name ANY pocket gun that has the track record of most glocks? None. Even the $1300 .380acps can be out performed by a $200 P3AT.

Same thing for motocycle helmets.. A $200 helmet will protect better than no helmet ( and "no helmet" which is the preference of the wheelie popping teenagers on 600 GXSR's doing 120mph on I-35)

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a kel tec p11 and I have to agree the trigger could be a lot better. I did a buff and polish job on the trigger and it has made a world of difference. As far as reliability goes, the only time the gun has ever ftf was with heavy hp's, 147gr if I remember, other than that it goes bang ever time.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry you got a bad gun. They are not all like that, I assure you.

Two weeks later from the day I sent it in, I received a brand new KelTec PF-9. They just decided to completely replace the one I had. The tested the new one with multiple popular JHP's. And polished the feed ramp. Looks like we have a winner!

Latest posts

Top Bottom