Would you choose 1 high-end over 2 low-end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd have to go with two over one. Like Hunter said, spare parts, two times the firepower in a SHTF scenario.

But also because...I'm just not that good with a rifle. I mean, I don't completely suck, but I don't think i'm good enough to outshoot my entry level AR. It's an ATI Mil Sport (aluminum receiver, not polymer), and it's pretty darn accurate. I've got a red dot on it, so I'm not looking to reach out 300 yards with it. With a decent scope, I think it would do very well. In short, two of those would be better for me than one really nice AR.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hoping to eliminate cost of ammo or optics from the hypothetical scenario. Seems idiotic to some, but I'm just curious what y'all would want. There is no right or wrong answer.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hoping to eliminate cost of ammo or optics from the hypothetical scenario. Seems idiotic to some, but I'm just curious what y'all would want. There is no right or wrong answer.
if you are going quote me in your signature line, you should at least cite the source.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Two, one set for CQB type usage an the other for distance. I have carried the AR/M16 for over 20 plus years on active duty as an Paratrooper Airborune Infantry, Mech Infantry, an EOD, and have had to use it several times, Plus two years in Iraq as a civilian contractor doing EOD/PPD operations, so I have a little bit of knowledge on them. I'd rather have rifle thats a little loose compared to one thats tight as a drum. One will work better than the other when its time to go. Same goes for my pistol, a little rattle isn't a bad thing!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom