Would you let your Wife CC a .22 pistol? (Educated opinions only please)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Boos_TM

My wife loves shooting .22 pistols and rifles. She is a bit uneasy about larger calibers when we shoot at the range. I know that if her life or the kids like depended on it she would have zero issues using a LCP or something like that, but she would be more comfortable with a .22 pistol. That being said would you feel comfortable knowing that your wife was going to have to defend herself with a .22 god forbid the need should arise? Please don't come in hear just t run your mouth about how a .22 is like a BB gun, a stick would be a better option, or anything like that. Not trying to sound rude, but I have gotten answers like that before when discussing similar topics.

Thanks in advance

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not in a position to 'let' my wife do much of anything (LOL) but, being the firearms advisor in the house, I would steer her towards other options.

If my wife wasn't comfortable with bigger calibers, I would work with her until she was...and if she wanted to carry a .22 mag or something until we got there there, well then that would be better than nothing.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she can put three shots within an inch at self defense range after getting her heart pumping "firing under stress" then I say sure let her carry it. I have said it before, its all about shot placement. However, if she is having problems with shooting under stress I would push her towards something a bit bigger, something like a Tomcat in 32 acp. JMHO

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not in a position to 'let' my wife do much of anything (LOL) but, being the firearms advisor in the house, I would steer her towards other options.

If my wife wasn't comfortable with bigger calibers, I would work with her until she was...and if she wanted to carry a .22 mag or something until we got there there, well then that would be better than nothing.

What he said!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my wife carry's a tomcat 32,but she started with a 22 and carried it for a year before she got the 32. i don't think either are ideal self defense rounds ,but both are better than being unarmed

B

Boos_TM

Thanks for the responses guys. I am letting her read them as well. I think we are going to take a trip to the range and let her shoot the LCP again and see what she thinks about that. She had a J Frame, but wouldn't even shoot it after seeing me shoot mine. She has shot the LCP with no problems before, and a Kahr CM9. Only problem with the CM9 is wants to carry in one of the flash bang bra holsters.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 8 year old sun and I went to the range yesterday for his birthday and had a great time. He loves shooting my tomcat so I dont think she would have a problem with it. if you want, I can meet up with you and let her shoot it.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would really stress the "only if you have to" condition. Shooting an armed man with a .22 could result in him going from a carjacker to a killer. You already have an advantage in the discussion since she already shoots, so I would encourage a bigger caliber. She doesn't have to feel comfortable shooting 100 rounds a day, just a magazine or two at a time.

(Man is sucks that we have to have these kinds of conversations.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom