Would you let your Wife CC a .22 pistol? (Educated opinions only please)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't let my wife carry anything less than 380 or 38 cal. The point is to stop the threat. I would prefer her to pack 45 ACP but that can be a bit much for many women. With the right loads, Cor Bon for example, a 380 or 38 can can do some serious hurt on the BG.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I have had a lot of misfires with bulk .22 ammo, I've never had one with CCI Stingers. 5 or 6 of them in a bad guy's chest will most likely make him change his mind about what originally seemed like a good idea.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My body allows me to conceal full size pistols with relative ease and on any given summer day I will have my Beretta Bobcat .22 pistol. I shoot it a lot and have tested several ammo brands until I found one I trust to carry. I realize the "experts" disagree with my choice but I firmly believe the little round penetrates better than my fist or knife.:twocents:

My wife totes an XD9 4" by the way. Good luck!

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do not know the balistics behind it so, without numbers i am just flapping my gums. but if i am not mistaken the sats everyone preaches about 22s is that they are responsible for a surprising number if not the majority of firearms related deaths. and from what i can find to shoot. they all appear to be hollow points, and i hear they bounce around alot inside the body and are hell on doctors to remove. that said. in a situation where someone is doing something that would make a person fear for their life or their loved ones life to the point where they would legally be of right to use a firearm to make that person stop doing whatever it is. i cant say i feel a 22 would have that impact, that force, the just blunt stopping force to instantly cause that person to stop. but i have never been shot by any caliber. so again just flapping my gums.

i guess what i am trying to say is.. i respect and know that a 22 is capable of killing, is completely as dangerous as any other caliber. but i have my questions as to just how well its going to cause someone to STOP. and that factor is something i doubt can be measured or has been or would be really able to be measured regardless for any kind of use...

my gramps always has the .25... not much bigger imo. i suppose i could quote my favorite anime... "basically it does not matter, any gun will do the trick; so long as you can hit your target"

end of the day, i guess its all psychological, for your best bet, go with whatever the user is more comfortable with. i guess is what i would do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom