wow.... just wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
another ice storm happening in the deep south now. I wonder if anyone learned anything from the previous? Time will tell I suppose.

You beat me to it but I'm watching the "survival" forums ... just to see ... There were some pretty interesting posts about folks' experiences last time and what they were gonna do different the next time. Don't know that they thought they would get the chance to try out their new plans quite so quickly ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to mention the individual preparedness, but I'm also not going to point and laugh at GA/AL residents who can't handle a little bit of snow. Hell, Yankees laugh at us because we can't handle a few inches of snow. Of course, everyone forgets about the types of weather that they can't handle--I remember not too long ago when a heat wave hit Chicago and people were literally dying in the streets from heat-related conditions (IIRC, the final death toll was around 100). What was their definition of a "heat wave," you ask? Maybe 90s or low 100s? Nope--their "heat wave" highs were what we were having for lows: temps in the 80*F to 85*F range.

It's all in what's normal for you.

Of course, we can ALL laugh at the SoCal folks who were "literally freezing" when their temps were in the low 50s last year...

Latest posts

Top Bottom