Writers and Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well I worked today, so you keep rubbing it in with the bragging about shooting today!! I am ignoring you until the next topic you hijack!!:cool:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked his Jack Ryan stuff best, which started with Clark IIRC. Actually thought Net Force was better than OP Center (more interesting anyway), it was just kind of "far out there" with computer stuff.

What name do you write under, if I may ask?
Here is a C&P of a post I did on another thread.

Hopefully, this will be of interest to a few of you here. I have written a 1400-page novel about a catastrophic act of terror and the aftermath. If you want, you can read the first part (about 100 pages) here. It is only available on kindle at the present time and if there is sufficient interest shown, I'll approach a literary agent and try to get it published in print.

It is very pro-gun, and people who have read it have liked it.

Anyway, here is the link. I hope you all enjoy this teaser.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAZCLQU?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever read Tom Clancy's "Net Force" series? There's a fair amount of tech nonsense in those. :D
While Tom Clancy created the Net Force series (with Steve Pieczenik) the stories were originally written by Steve Perry. Tom Clancy loaned his name to a good deal of technothrillers he otherwise had little input on to enhance their saleability.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While Tom Clancy created the Net Force series (with Steve Pieczenik) the stories were originally written by Steve Perry. Tom Clancy loaned his name to a good deal of technothrillers he otherwise had little input on to enhance their saleability.
I had heard that a lot of stories that had Clancy's name on them weren't written by him, especially lately.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's not such a big deal. I mean, a lot of fantasy novels would sound stupid to someone who has a particular interest in something. For example, if one had an interest in physics and read some of the things that go on in these novels... the point is to send you to a fantastical world where revolvers automatically cycle their cylinders mid-flight.

"... and the writer doesn't know their behind from a hole in the ground " is an amazing figure of speech.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've come across some stupid stuff in John Grisham novels.
One had something like "the ballistics for the 38 revolver in evidence matched the gun found on the scene with 2 bullets in the chamber and 4 spent cases on the floor".

Latest posts

Top Bottom