• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy WTB Ruger Pre-Mark I Magazines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get ahold of some magazines for a pre-Mark I Ruger .22 pistol. I THINK that Mark I mags work with it, I would just want to test fit it in the gun before buying. Would like at least 2-3 if you have them and the price is right.

Located in Owasso, willing to meet somewhere in the Tulsa/Skiatook/Bartlesville areas or will consider having you ship them if you’re further than that.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looking to get ahold of some magazines for a pre-Mark I Ruger .22 pistol.
No such thing. The first generation Ruger .22 pistols, which include the "Standard Model" and "Mark 1 Target" model, all use the same magazines, with the Standard Model being manufactured from 1949-1982 and the Mark 1 Target Model being manufactured from 1951-1982.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No such thing. The first generation Ruger .22 pistols, which include the "Standard Model" and "Mark 1 Target" model, all use the same magazines, with the Standard Model being manufactured from 1949-1982 and the Mark 1 Target Model being manufactured from 1951-1982.
Ok, this was my dad’s gun and someone told me it was pre Mark I. It’s a 1976 (bicentennial) make so it must be a standard.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ok, this was my dad’s gun and someone told me it was pre Mark I. It’s a 1976 (bicentennial) make so it must be a standard.
That "someone" was obviously wrong. The Standard models all came with fixed sights and tapered barrels in either 4-3/4 inches or 6 inches, while the Mark 1 Target models all came with adjustable sights and either a 5-1/2 inch bull barrel or a 6-7/8 inch heavy tapered barrel. The Standard and Mark 1 guns are all the same internally.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That "someone" was obviously wrong. The Standard models all came with fixed sights and tapered barrels in either 4-3/4 inches or 6 inches, while the Mark 1 Target models all came with adjustable sights and either a 5-1/2 inch bull barrel or a 6-7/8 inch heavy tapered barrel. The Standard and Mark 1 guns are all the same internally.
I’m a bit surprised by that because the guy that said it is a well known auctioneer in the area that usually knows his guns. But everyone makes mistakes. It’s definitely a standard with the 4 3/4” tapered barrel based on all this new info I’ve gotten. I only care what model it is so I can find mags that fit, it’s “one of dad’s guns” so it has more sentimental value to me than anything.

That being said, are mags for it hard to come by? I don’t really want aftermarket mags, I’d like some factory ones that stand up to use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom