WTF? Mitch Mconnell said some odd things here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...ous-senators-stand-up-to-american-people.html

“We kept hearing, again and again, that ninety per cent of the American people wanted us to vote a certain way,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky). “Well, at the end of the day, we decided that we weren’t going to cave in to that kind of special-interest group.”

“It was a gut check, for sure, but we had to draw a line in the sand,” agreed Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S. Carolina). “If we had voted the way the American people wanted us to, it would have sent the message that we’re here in Washington to be nothing more than their elected representatives.”

It was in the New Yorker, so I am certainly considering the source. I would like to hear the actual speech, verbatim. I could see this being taken out of context, but talking this is not going to do our efforts any favors.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some more headlines

No Information Found on CNN

North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

Right Not to Get Shot Faces Uphill Fight in Senate

Republicans Call for Tougher Sanctions on Beyoncé

Facebook Unveils New Waste of Time

Kim Jong-un Moves Transformers Collection to Border

Citing Exhaustion, Kim Jong-un to Stop Threatening World on Weekends

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but that's like reporting that Crazy Joe is saying something stupid--it's too true to be recognized as satire...

Love how the story starts

Authorities who have spent the past forty-eight hours combing CNN in the hopes of finding any information whatsoever have called off their search, they confirmed today.

“After monitoring every minute of CNN’s broadcast since Monday, we have found hearsay, rumors, falsehoods, and a steady stream of inane commentary,” one authority said. “Everything but information.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom