WTH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, that's totally different. In this instance for that Anderson lower, the price shown was the opening bid, and was the same as the BIN price. So far there have been no bids on it.

Then explain why its only a few retailers and individuals scalping ammo that have those prices? Most reputable retailers have kept their prices the same. When they run out the opportunists put their items up for sale at highly inflated prices knowing someone will be desperate enough to pay that much. If you can't see how morally wrong that is for needed items like food, medicine, ammo, etc, well then I'm talking to a brick wall.
Simple. Retailers negotiate large contracts with the manufacturer. Their cost is fixed until the agreement expires. They don’t have to raise prices because their cost has remained the same.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple. Retailers negotiate large contracts with the manufacturer. Their cost is fixed until the agreement expires. They don’t have to raise prices because their cost has remained the same.

Even so, the supply issue is not due to lack of resources, so manufacturers are not raising their prices. So the only reason some retailers and individuals are raising their prices is to capitalize on the people's desperation. That is what I have a problem with.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL - nope, but if I put it on Armslist, GB, Ebay....I'm not forcing anyone to buy it.

Did this guy make anyone bid on his lower? What the hell do you not understand about freedom? You are free to ask any price for your property. You are free not to pay for something you deem too high.

Only government sets prices and forces you to pay for stuff, every other entity is by choice.

Guys selling overpriced crap will fail if folks refuse to pay, simple as that.
We as consumers reserve the right to ridicule and make fun of price gougers.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even so, the supply issue is not due to lack of resources, so manufacturers are not raising their prices. So the only reason some retailers and individuals are raising their prices is to capitalize on the people's desperation. That is what I have a problem with.
Wrong. Federal has agreements for raw materials. X amount of product for x amount of dollars. If you need more brass, primers, powder or bullets that are beyond the terms of the agreement the order is open for negotiation. They have to recover the additional expense.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s actually not so bad here. A rep speaking at my parents gun store earlier talked about a shop selling individual 9mm hollow point bullets for $1 each. Just the projectile. Sells 15-20 to most people that come in

Latest posts

Top Bottom