WTK Milsurp at Tulsa Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanenmacher is THE show for milsurps - you'll find tons of them at this show, of all different kinds. Now, the asking prices for a lot of those... might not be any different than at lesser shows. That is, "outrageous" :wink2:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always find some cool mil surp stuff there. The trick is when you find a good price on something, buy it right there, I always say I'm gonna keep lookin and then can never re-find the bargain.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are NO milsurps at the Tulsa show, you should probably stay home and not attend.

Joking aside, Perplexed is correct.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanenmacher is THE show for milsurps - you'll find tons of them at this show, of all different kinds. Now, the asking prices for a lot of those... might not be any different than at lesser shows. That is, "outrageous" :wink2:

While I agree that most of the prices are "outrageous" you have to take into account that people are coming from as far as Michigan and farther. That's alot of gas and hotel fees. If you know the local guys you can get some "bargains" compared to the rest of the prices. What sucks is that the dealers all fleece the show on Friday night scarfing up any deals or rare guns for themselves to keep or resale. I've thought about renting a table just to get in on the Friday night thing but I dont think the cost of a table justifies it anymore. I'll just traipse around with a buttload of rifles and get stopped every 5 feet lol.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I agree that most of the prices are "outrageous" you have to take into account that people are coming from as far as Michigan and farther. That's alot of gas and hotel fees. If you know the local guys you can get some "bargains" compared to the rest of the prices. What sucks is that the dealers all fleece the show on Friday night scarfing up any deals or rare guns for themselves to keep or resale. I've thought about renting a table just to get in on the Friday night thing but I dont think the cost of a table justifies it anymore. I'll just traipse around with a buttload of rifles and get stopped every 5 feet lol.

While this is true to some extent, there's still a lot of wishful thinking factored into the prices of the milsurps. I know one fellow from out of state who sells a lot of M1 Garands at this show, and he's very good at figuring out what he needs to make in order to offset his expenses and possibly turn a modest profit. His goal is to network, meet new folks, and enjoy the gun show ambience, so he's not worried about making a killing - that's more than can be said of some of the other vendors at the show. They're there to make a profit, plain and simple, and screw the fostering of a sense of community.

I have to admit, I'm guilty of casing the show during the setup on Friday to see if there's anything I'd like to buy, but that's for my own collection, not to flip for a profit. Also, many of the best deals are made with visitors who walk into the show with firearms to sell. That's why the unscrupulous vendors will often go outside and troll the line waiting to get in. Not my cup of tea - if something walks past my table, I'll ask to look. If I miss out on a hot deal because it was spotted outside by a troll, so be it.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although the dealers find most of the good deals on Friday, there are still great finds. Here is what I found at the last show: Remington 1917 all origional matching for $225

Latest posts

Top Bottom