WWI films

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't get the link, but recently watched "Apocalypse WWI" on AHC. All original footage, fascinating background story. Makes you wish the leaders/politicians got to spend time in the trenches, instead of farmboys that had zero reason to be involved.
That war had to be the biggest waste of human life for absolutely no reason whatsoever, except power and greed by the monarchs, president, and war materials manufacturers. Very sad.
My great-uncle fought in both WWI and WWII - I can't imagine.....

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't get the link, but recently watched "Apocalypse WWI" on AHC. All original footage, fascinating background story. Makes you wish the leaders/politicians got to spend time in the trenches, instead of farmboys that had zero reason to be involved.
That war had to be the biggest waste of human life for absolutely no reason whatsoever, except power and greed by the monarchs, president, and war materials manufacturers. Very sad.
My great-uncle fought in both WWI and WWII - I can't imagine.....

Ain't that the truth. And if not for the abortion that followed that conflict (Treaty of Versailles), there likely wouldn't have been a WWII - at least not like the one we know now.

My grandfather took a bullet in the First World War; wish I'd have asked my grandmother more about it when I was a kid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom