• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy WWII replica .22 for nephew's B-day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiming2high

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. My nephew is getting into guns and he is a WWII buff so he asked for a military surplus rifle for his 20th birthday. His mom and I think he would be better off with a .22 for his first rifle so he can actually afford to shoot it, especially considering ammo shortages here of late. A friend of mine introduced me to WWII .22 replicas and man one of those would be perfect. Anyone know where to find one or any other WWII rifle that might be good for a first time gun owner? God Bless!

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a bolt action alternative for you.

Keystone is the manufacturer of the Crickett rifles,,,
Youth sized single-shot bolt action rifles,,,
They are well made and accurate.

They have started to make some replicas (close copies) of WW-II rifles,,,
The only one they have released so far is this one,,,
Russian Mosin-Nagant aka Mini-Mosin.

Click here please.

I haven't held one in my hand as yet,,,
But the reviews from forum members have all been positive.

I would be very leery of that AK-47 looking rifle,,,
Mainly because it's a semi-automatic,,,
And it's a GSG brand rifle.

GSG stands for German Sports Group,,,
They manufacture a lot of lower market guns.

My personal experience with two new GSG guns is "Avoid Them",,,
Both of the ones I bought were "Jam-0-Matics",,,
They just weren't very well made.

Get your kid that Mini-Mosin and a DVD of "Enemy at the Gates",,,
He'll learn what a Russian sniper with a Mosin did to the Germans at the Battle of Stalingrad.

Aarond

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I've got a really cool one but honestly don't know how to value it for sale and have always liked it. But I never shoot it.

It's a BSW KKW single shot. Dated around 1939, this was a rifle used by the Nazi Youth in the competition games of 1939 and is a single shot .22. This particular one was sponsored by the city of Portland Mainz-Weisenal (I'm probably butchering that typing from memory).

Really cool bit of history, although it's missing it's original sights and stock. These were made to be the same weight and feel as the Mausers of the era since they were really designed to provide army training while working around the post WW1 treaty. If that's something that might interest you feel free to shoot me a note and I can send some more details over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom