Xd 9mm service or v10?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a chance to get a new xd 9mm service for 525 with everything plus a high capacity mag. Or I can get a v10 ported xd9mm with everything plus two extra mags and 500 rounds and night sights on it. The v10 is used with around ~200 rounds through it. and it is 600, which way should I go? I know this prob sounds like an easy choice but I guess it's not for me. :ugh2:

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are some pros and cons of each? I shot an xd tac and liked it a lot but i've heard you get a lot of muzzle flash and gunpowder all over the front of the v10. Is this tru?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it depends what you want to use the gun for.

9mm doesn't require porting. You gain the 'chance" for less recoil and perhaps a slight unmersurable chance at faster target acquisition and in exchange you get...

A louder bang, fine for the range but why add hearing damage to the list if its going to be used in self defense.

A blinding muzzle blast in low light conditions. Whats the point of night sights if you lose your night vision to the muzzle blast light.

Less velocity because your losing some of the pressure pushing the round out of the barrel.

The "bargain" here to all this is that you get 500 free rounds of ammo with the V10. That ammo will disapear in a few trips to the range, but your going to be stuck with a less then ideal setup on a potential self defense pistol.

It's like buying a crappy car because you get a month of free gas.