XDS .45 - good, bad and ugly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking to use one for conceal carry purposes. Anyone have some input in the XDS .45 that have fired one?

Yes, I recently ran one against my Glock. Glock 30SF vs Springfield Armory XDs, both .45 ACP. Drop down a couple of threads to Handguns, and you will see photos of the results. Page 4, Handgun thread.

Edit: That was an XDm, sorry!

Last edited:

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son bought one, I shot it before the recall. It was a very nice shooting gun. Recoil actually felt less than my 1911. Good trigger for a DAO, and more accurate than I am. Sadly, Springfield has his now, not sure when he'll get it back. In spite of the recall, I would recommend buying one.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one.... put over 1000rds through it with no problems. Great gun.

The recall was much to do about nothing, but SA has integrity unlike other companies who just perform "upgrades."

I currently have an XDs 9 I am putting through it's paces, that I have yet to send it for the recall. Not too worried about it, because problems only arise if you are handling the gun in an unsafe manner.

Last edited:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one, bought mine from a member on this site, I have only put about 40 rounds down it but I have had no issues, shoots nice and handles well. Make sure you get the 5 round mag if you buy one, I only have the 7 round mag and that makes it a little too heavy to me for an everyday CCW. I need to order the 5 round mag from Springfield

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a subcompact 45 that doesn't hurt your hand to shoot.....I've had 380s that kicked harder. I love mine, and I'm sending it back to Springfield as soon as they return the XDS 9mm I sent them in early September. I wouldn't be deterred by the fact that they've been recalled. Early reports say the trigger is a little heavier, but noticably smoother. They may have made a great CCW even better.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine. Wanted a tupperware pistol to carry to keep from dinging up my 3" 1911. It has functioned flawlessly and the recoil is very manageable. I haven't sent it in for the recall yet ("there have been no reported instances"). As cold weather comes on and I switch back to my 1911's, I will send it it. I wanted to wait until they had a solution to the alleged problem before sending it in. It fits in a pocket holster in overalls better than a 3" 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom