XDS .45 or 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who has one or shot one? Pro and cons? I have been toying with "tasting the Kool-aid," but I guess I am still on the fence. I had a Glock 36 at one point, but it wasn't a good fit for me. Any similarities? Thanks for any input.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot the 9mm. . . very light recoil, not a bad grip. Will have the same angle as a 1911 so if you aimed high naturally with a glock that should not be a problem.

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the XDS in 45. Feels better to me than the G36. Recoil has not really been an issue but I'm partial to 45 acp. I put a Pearce grip extension on it and that made a big difference in the way the pistol handles for me. Didn't care for the magazine that is longer and adds the extra round or two. To me, defeats the purpose of a small carry pistol. Makes the grip too big and too ugly. Very accurate shooter too.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the .45. My friend has the 9 and the .45. I shot them both. The 9 is truly a perfect carry piece. Shoots nice and easily and is very controllable.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both the 9 and 45. They're both great. The 9 definately doesn't feel like a subcompact; the recoil (lack of) makes it seem as if you're firing a much larger pistol. The last subcompact 9mm I had was a PF9, and that one litteraly caused me pain to shoot. I shoot my 45 more just because it's more fun....bigger bang bigger fun....and it's surprisingly controlable for a subcompact 45. I even sprung for a couple of the pearce pinky extensions but they're not even necessary. I've considered trading off the 9 but nothing has caught my eye yet.

redneckgearhead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the wife put a box of shells through the xds 9 and concluded it was too narrow and liked the glock 19 better. I was blown away (figuratively of course) by how good a shot she is (first time I've ever seen her shoot). Most of her shots were nicely grouped but the glock gave her better control and better groups. I can't wait to see just how good she gets...

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a xds 45 and shot the 9. I shot the 9 better because of less recoil and I thought the trigger was better. They're really easy to carry because they're so slim but it made it a little difficult for me to grip because I have big hands. My hands fit better on my glock 26 and xd9.

Latest posts

Top Bottom