xds not as good as glocks and m&ps??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oranjooose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would you guys rate the xd and xdm handguns? Would you put them in the same group as glock and m&ps? I guess i'm asking for opinions on the xds dependability and durability under hard use.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had several Glocks and I love them. I went and shot the M&P 9mm and the XD 9mm and I bought the XD. I also bought a XDM and really liked it. I sold it to another member so that I can buy a XD 40. I like the XD better then the M&P. I have not put as many rounds threw it yet as I did my last Glock 9mm, so I can't tell you much there.
I am sure there is people who like the M&P better, but not me. My next 40 will be a XD.

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the M&Ps and the XDMs, but hate glocks. Each has its own good and weak points though. Neither one is bad, just different ways of doing things. They both could stand to have trigger jobs done to them, but thats it. I think the XDM shoots more accurate once I got used to the trigger. Do what we did, get both! BTW, Sports World had some used ones in stock last I looked, might check into it, it would save you some money.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an XD before I was too familiar with the M&P's - if I had it to do all over again now that I have fired both guns... I would still by the XD and that's saying something because I really like the M&P a lot. Glock makes a solid gun but ergonomics remove it from this comparison as far as I am concerned, not that it is "uncomfortable" but comparatively speaking it is nowhere near the same level as the M&P & XD.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Reliability wise, the XD is on par with the Glock.
I like the grip on the XD better, but I no longer have the XD. I kept my Glock.

I might get another one in the future, but only if it's .45acp this time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all three have their strong points and weak points and not a single one of them is better than the other(s).

The only slight nod I would give is to the Glock for it's ease of TOTAL detail disassembly. But even that is overshadowed by the simple reason that I have not attempted to COMPLETELY disassemble an XD nor an M&P down to just the bare plastic and all thirty something parts.

I can tear a Glock down to nothing (frame and slide) in a mere matter of seconds, armed with nothing but a Glock armorer's tool, or with even just a skinny punch, an unwound paperclip, a paneling nail, pushpin, tail end of a handcuff key or even a toothpick.

I've never tried to detail strip an XD or M&P.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned two XDs and have been very pleased. I don't like the way Glocks fit my hand so they weren't enjoyable for me to shoot. I have not shot an M&P nor have I have owned a Glock or an M&P. I'm just really happy with my XD and I'm in no hurry to switch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom