xds not as good as glocks and m&ps??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oranjooose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, something about the XD makes me wanna puke, but I have no functional reason for that. Just cosmetic.

I have a Glock 19 now, and at some point I'd like to own an M&P9 to compare with, but I have zero desire to own an XD.

Wait, the XDs looks makes you want to puke? Glocks are widely considered one of the ugliest handguns ever. Or so i thought.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Meh, from a functional, practical, and manufacturing standpoint, the Glock is attractive. Yes, I'm saying I prefer the looks of the Glock over the XD.

Sure, when the Glock came out in the '80s, and would be compared to thinks like the 1911, Sig Classics, Browning HP, S&W 39/59 and such, it would be called ugly.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't shot more than a few Glocks, but they were comfortable and reliable. Never shot an M&P. I own an XD Compact .45, and it's been as reliable as anything I've ever shot. The only issue I've had with it is SWC ammo, and that's the nature of the design. Some people have no problems, mine won't feed it worth a crap. FMJ and JHP has never FTF or FTE. That's just personal experience. A good friend has probably 10k rounds through his G19 and he's not done anything but replace a few springs and it's sickeningly reliable.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't shot Glocks or M&P's, but have a SA 9mm XDM which is one of my favorite guns. It is extremely accurate with the match grade barrel, holds a truckload of rounds, comes with accessories out the wazoo, has NEVER FTF, and eats any ammo you put in it including +P and +P+ (And SA is okay with that). It's easy to clean too.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have shot the XD 40 and the 45. They are nice guns. I love my M&P's!!

The best thing for you to do is shoot all three in your caliber of choice and pick the one you like.

All three brands are great guns and worthy of your hard earned money.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The best thing for you to do is shoot all three in your caliber of choice and pick the one you like.

I agree. I When I could not make up my mind, I went and shot both. Then I went and bought my XD.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Best advice you could give there. They're all quality weapons that are reliable, just pick the one that YOU like best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom