xds not as good as glocks and m&ps??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Meh, from a functional, practical, and manufacturing standpoint, the Glock is attractive. Yes, I'm saying I prefer the looks of the Glock over the XD.

Sure, when the Glock came out in the '80s, and would be compared to thinks like the 1911, Sig Classics, Browning HP, S&W 39/59 and such, it would be called ugly.

I'm with you on that one. I think the XD's are the ugliest guns out there. They work perfectly, and are very accurate, but ugly as can be.

nativenightmare

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a slew of Glocks the 19,20,21,22,23,27and 30 That was until I was introduced to the XD. The safety features and its acurracy are what tipped the scales for me. As far as looks I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think the XD is a beautiful pistol

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got 3 M&P's (Full size, Compact, and Pro all in 9mm), Glock 17 RTF, 22 RTF, and 26. Also have an XDM 9mm.
I prefer the Glock 17 for active shooting the 26 for CC. The XDM has loooooong grip and feels unbalanced. The M&P's are great pistols, but I found them to be slightly finicky. A high primer isn't as likely to ignite as in a Glock and hard primers might be an issue also. Also there are some rumblings about the firing pins breaking in M&P's.
The Glock is quite easy to strip to bare metal and has been the least likely to malfunction. I've adapted to the ergonomics.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like everything about the XDm except the grip... I agree it's a bit much for me. Bit it keeps the capacity high with a thinnish (for a double stack) grip. May work fine for some, but I keep a non-M because of this.

aodh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got at least one of each of them, all of them have some pluses and at least one negative, but other than a need to cut my financial investment in plastic pistols down a bit, I'd keep all of them.

XD9SC easiest to conceal, very accurate for a stubby barrel, very stiff recoil spring and because of the short barrel wants to tip out from the waist when you holster it.

XDM9 more accurate than my Glock19 in my hands. Looks funny because of the long grip in relation to the barrel length. Magazines are not interchangeable with the non-M guns. Load it on Saturday and shoot all weekend capacity.

Glock 19 everything everyone says good about a Glock. This one has the 3.5 connector in it. With the short trigger travel and no manipulatable (if that's a word) safety, the thing is kinda scary. Best feeling gun in my hand, and as such is my goto 9mm carry. Accuracy is better with the stock barrel, but certainly acceptable with the Lone Wolf barrel (I like cheap lead bullets!!)

M&P45C feels almost as good in the hand as the Glock, love the low barrel axis as it helps with the felt recoil. Trigger pull is third rate, gritty and hard at the very end and seems to have gotten worse and the round count has gone up (only about 50 rounds through it yet,) however. First magazine load went into 2" at about 10 yards. Magazine capacity could be a little higher, and it would be nice to have a real extended capacity magazine.

XD45C is my current EDC. It hates lead SWC's but handles the lead 230grRN with no problem. Ball and HP rounds feed great. Much more accurate than I am. Mag capacity is better, and probably as good as you can expect in a comfortably rotund shortened grip. Have barely enough rounds through it at this point to feel comfortable carrying it as a SD gun.

I'll end up keeping both 45's and the Glock. I really like the grip safety on the XD's and will continue to worry about "Glock bottom" when holstering the 19. I've never owned a "perfect" pistol and don't expect I ever will. Absent my personal preferences all of them are fine weapons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom