XDS vs. G26/27 vs. G30s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts about these 3 "platforms" for IWB edc?

Currently my EDC is a commander sized 1911. I understand the concept of dress around the gun, and for 8 months out of the year I agree. I want to loose some weight for the warmer months:wink2:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the same money, I'll take the Glock 26's extra 2 tenths in width for the extra 3 rounds over the XDS. But I don't carry IWB, so I can see where the thinner XDS could be more comfortable.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a g27 and g29 that I have carried. I now carry the xds in either 45 or 9 and for iWB carry, that width difference in the pistols makes a huge difference. I am still a fan of Glock, but until they make a slim 9mm, I would pick the xds hands down for iWB carry

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough call, but to make the call with the pistols mentioned I would go with the Glock (but not by a big margin over the XDS). Adding a level of complication to your choices; did you consider the Smith M & P? Now for what I settled on for EDC...a Commander sized 1911. Just can't put the thing in the safe.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My two carry guns are an all steel Colt Commander, and a Glock 30. The reason i have the Glock 30 is that the Colt was a gift, and I wanted to reload for only 1 pistol caliber. That being said, it's fairly easy to conceal, but not as easy as my 1911. If I was in your position and caliber did not matter, I would get a Glock 19. They are almost the same size as the 30, but I like the extra capacity, and the slightly thinner size is enough to make a difference. If you want to stick with .45 get the 30, and a good holster, the new 30s has a slimmer slide, but either way they will print more than your 1911. The XDS is nice, but I like a bigger gun.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't like the shield, I'd go for the XDS. It's a tad bit smaller than the Shield and I like the ergonomics and the trigger. I'm just not a fan of the grip safety but if you usually carry a 1911 then your probably use to it.

Aikido73

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A quick 2 cents worth. I had a XDS 9mm it was a great gun but after having both the xds and G26 I decided to stay with the Glock. Yes the glock is thicker but the controls are somewhat smoother and offset some of the thickness for me. Add in the mag interchangability and I decided to stay with Glock. With all that the Xds was a very nice gun and its a matter of choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom