XDS vs. G26/27 vs. G30s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have a g30s ?...the g30sf was a 6+1/ with a different mag, the g30 and g30s use the same mag as a g22....what the local PD carry, thats why I chose the g30

edit: or maybe that was the g36,? they get confusing

I think that's a bit off

The 36, is a single stack (6+1) 45
The 30, 30s and 30sf, can use the glock 21 45 cal magazines
None of the 45s can use glock 22 magazines, diff size.
The 36, cannot use any other model mag
The 30s is essentially a 30sf, using a 36 slide, having the thinner slide and higher capacity magazine

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that's a bit off

The 36, is a single stack (6+1) 45
The 30, 30s and 30sf, can use the glock 21 45 cal magazines
None of the 45s can use glock 22 magazines, diff size.
The 36, cannot use any other model mag
The 30s is essentially a 30sf, using a 36 slide, having the thinner slide and higher capacity magazine

I knew it was something like that,Thanks

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a g27 and g29 that I have carried. I now carry the xds in either 45 or 9 and for iWB carry, that width difference in the pistols makes a huge difference. I am still a fan of Glock, but until they make a slim 9mm, I would pick the xds hands down for iWB carry
Shack. I had a G23 that I traded for an XDS 9 a little while back because the 23 was just too thick to fit comfortably IWB. I was shocked the difference between the two felt so significant. The shape between the two pistols is close enough for me to carry my XDs in my Glock White Hat hybrid holster, so it's an apples to apples comparison. I used the same holster, so that couldn't account for the difference. That's also good news for you because you can 'test drive' both guns using a 9mm or .40 cal glock hybrid holster to see what you like best. There wasn't really an apparent difference between the 26/27 and the 19/23 IWB either. Sure, the handle is a little longer, but it's pretty insignificant under a shirt. I'd recommend you try both out before committing to one size. The larger frame is still easy to hide as long as you're okay with the thickness and the longer grip makes shooting the gun a lot more pleasant.
With regard to functionality between the two guns, I really noticed no difference aside from preferring the trigger and grip angle of the XDs. The grip safety is REALLY easy to engage and the sights are better IMO. Also, not that you can't add one to the Glock, the front fiber optic sight is a nice bonus on the XDs.

This is really a Chevy/Ford discussion and one you can't lose in the end. You really should find the two guns and stuff them in your waist band to see which one wins.

Tripper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I originally carried a 27, it was ok IWB, at some point I decided I wanted to use a glock 23 mag, so started using that, realized it was significantly more comfortable, so, decided heck, I'll just use my 23, which was still more comfy for me. Carried that a long time in same IWB
CCW renewal time, I added my 36, which is now the only thing I carry using a 511 concealment garment

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a G26, round count is up to you on the magazines and extensions. But I am Glock Biased big time. So take it with a grain of salt. LOL!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom