XS Big Dot Tritium Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone bought these for their CCW? What do you think of them?

I did a search and couldn't find anything but I am sure it has been asked before.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As in accuracy. Where these excel is inside 7-10 yards, or where most decent shooters can get good hits using point indexing. They really loose accuracy at 15 yards and beyond.

In other words, I don't think they give you much that you actually need up close and they really limit the effective operational envelope of your pistol beyond 10 yards.

About the only place I'd consider using one is a pinned front only on a 2" jframe. Even there I'd probably opt for a white outline Trijicon blade instead.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering them lately, but I think they would be better on a BUG than a primary CCW. I'm probably going to buy a crimson trace laser grip instead. I'll be spending alot more, but I'll have a gun good to 25+ yards and great at -10 yards.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The big-dots are okay for up close, < 10 yards. They, if paired with the XL V-notch rears, are tough to use quickly at long distances.

Of the match guns that individuals requested them on, many later asked the same to be removed and replaced with conventional post & notch tritium sights.

Maybe on a primary carry or BUG gun; still we can't guarantee the that we might not need to quickly make a shot at distance, say 25-50 yards, for which the Big Dot/V-notch setup is a hindrance.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If youre thinking about it on your Kahr; dont. They are small guns, but they arent belly guns.
-unless you have vision issues and you cant acquire traditional sights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom