Yesterdays finds (Matt Rowe get in here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I went out to check the deer feeder yesterday and decided to do a little arrowhead hunting in the branch that runs on my land. Well, I got lucky and found a couple to add to the collection. Kinda sucks the tips are broken off but they probably were long long ago. My grandpa would be proud.

i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1416.jpg

i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo1414.jpg

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been fighting my computer for the past several days. Good finds AK! Those are both knives. The one on the left is a Waubesa, part of the Hopewell culture, middle Woodland time period and dates roughly 2,000 years old. Very nice point! The one on the right is pretty nondescript, it's most likely a late archaic (Cooper), dating in the 4000-2800 BP (Before Present) range. Where you found those you ARE going to find more. That's a multi-component site, inhabited for a very long period of time.

DennisHoddy, yours is a Dickson point with a broken stem. They are Hopewellian and related to the Waubesa.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I've been fighting my computer for the past several days. Good finds AK! Those are both knives. The one on the left is a Waubesa, part of the Hopewell culture, middle Woodland time period and dates roughly 2,000 years old. Very nice point! The one on the right is pretty nondescript, it's most likely a late archaic (Cooper), dating in the 4000-2800 BP (Before Present) range. Where you found those you ARE going to find more. That's a multi-component site, inhabited for a very long period of time.

DennisHoddy, yours is a Dickson point with a broken stem. They are Hopewellian and related to the Waubesa.

Thank you. You remember what atlatl dart point I showed you?? Well, the white one i found not 8ft away from where i found the dart point. The gray one I found maybe 50 yards away on the opposite little branch that runs off the hill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom