Yildiz O/U shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S&W 10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to get slightly off topic; just trying to help a fellow shotgunner.

... I'm more looking at an O/U that if I put it against a fence to cross and it slides I'll not be too upset ya know? I'd like to come up with a 28ga. but dang the shells are just so high!...

I guess I need to do some searches on some shotgun sites and get a better idea but for the $400 ...
Kirk

I've been shooting 28ga's for a few years, just not enough to justify reloading for them. Bass Pro and Walmart have Winchester AA's and Remington STS's for about $10.00 a box, also Baschieri & Pellagri sells their Extra-Rossa loads for about $10.00 per box, with free shipping, but they are out of stock right now. All seem to work equally well on clays, quail and dove.

I feel the 28ga is often overlooked for hunting, but think a lot of folks would change their mind if they could see and feel how effectively this little round works and how effortlessly a properly scaled, balanced and fitted double gun carries and swings. I've cleanly down several pheasants with 3/4oz #6, but doubt I'd ever use a 28 in a goose pit. ;)

There are some decent prices on some of the entry level 28ga O/U's and SxS's from Baikal (IZH), Stoeger and a few others; they're not very well refined or pretty, but are built like a brick house and seem to be reliable.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 10, I love the little 28ga! I have went back to my 410 for doves and quail not just for the lack of recoil but I don't just throw a mess of lead in the air and hope to connect with said target. CZ has a little 28ga that for argument is just plain sexy! but I'll be purchasing 2 so the cost is a factor and it's so much easier to find 20ga shotshells. I spent many a days with my Grandfathers brothers little 28ga SxS shooting quail just wish I could have gotten that shotgun but I guess this work out in life the way they do for a reason. Thanks for the input. Later,

Kirk

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had a shoulder issue, I'd probably go with a semi-auto. They'll cushion the recoil a lot, and you'll be happier in the end.

I've handled the Yildiz O/Us quite a bit when I worked at Academy. They seem like very nice guns for the money. And I never heard of anyone having any problems with them.

Still, there are a bunch of semi-autos out there priced very reasonably. Plus, you could slip in an extra shell when they aren't watching in case one of your first two misses. :D It's all fun, right?

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 20, just like bulbboy's pictured above. It is great! I shoot 3 o/u's. My 20 gage Turk, a Valmet 20 and my Weatherby Regency in 12 gage. The little gun from Turkey is not a step down from the other two.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had the 12ga for a few years now and love it. It came with 5 chokes and a big key. They are marked with notches instead of the names we are used to. I had an allen butt pad put on it and it is adjustable so I put it about 1" low and my eye lines up perfect with the rifle. I took it to a gun smith and he said that the inside of the gun is made really well. He was actually impreased. I love mine and would recomend it to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom