you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A while back the 1911 bug bit me and try as I might I just cannot shake it. I need you guys to talk me back off the ledge on why I don't need one. The year end bonus will be here before to long and I am just not feeling strong.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, too, have been craving a 1911. I'm thinking of a lesser gun so if I change my mind I'm not sunk. I've no problem with guns from the Philippines or a Ruger. I don't want a para or Taurus, but a rock island or range officer might be nice.

Although, the ones above are beautiful pieces. Don't get me wrong a Les Baer or Nighthawk would be great, but I'm not sinking that much into as I have too many other desired items.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, they are expensive to shoot, expensive to own...for the price of a decent 1911 you can get 2 or 3 Glocks. At some point it WILL jam, and they are extremely heavy for CCW given today's options. Also, Glocks are better.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, too, have been craving a 1911. I'm thinking of a lesser gun so if I change my mind I'm not sunk. I've no problem with guns from the Philippines or a Ruger. I don't want a para or Taurus, but a rock island or range officer might be nice.

Although, the ones above are beautiful pieces. Don't get me wrong a Les Baer or Nighthawk would be great, but I'm not sinking that much into as I have too many other desired items.

The Range Officer is pretty sweet. I haven't heard anything bad about the Ruger SR1911 besides the fact that it don't have an ambi saftey.
There isn't anything wrong with Taurus 1911's, at least from what I can tell.
If I had the money, I'd get a Wilson Combat, now that's something to drool over! They are very very very sweet shooters!

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe someone over here https://momsdemandaction.org can help you resist the temptation. But I don't think anyone on a gun forum will be of much help. Kind of like an alcoholic looking for a new sponsor in a bar. :screwy:

HA! not helpful at all but I love it!

Is almost like crack, but really expensive crack isn't it?

Well, they are expensive to shoot, expensive to own...for the price of a decent 1911 you can get 2 or 3 Glocks. At some point it WILL jam, and they are extremely heavy for CCW given today's options. Also, Glocks are better.

THIS GUY is helpful! My wife and bank account thank you for your efforts. (but glock, ewww)

Everyone should have at least one. Glocks are great guns, but life is too short to drive a Yugo.

lol!

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't have to go out and blow like $1000+ on a 1911, there's other good options for cheaper like the Ruger SR1911, Rock Island Armory, Springfield Armory Range Officer or the TRP model, there's even one STI the retails for like $500 or so and that's the MSRP (Although it's the same thing as the RIA 1911's).
You need yourself one though, everyone does!

Latest posts

Top Bottom