you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad choice at all. Now just get a quality ISWB holster. Personally I would recommend White Hat holsters. I purchased one of there horse hide ISWB holster, before that I opened carried because it was just more comfy...never again. Not because of the arguments for either, but because it's just more comfy to CC with there ISWB holster.http://www.whitehatholsters.com/iwb-holsters/. They are not cheap, but they make carrying service size pistols muuuuch nicer.

Thats gross. you forgot the 11th commandment. Thou shall not be shovin guns in yer britches. Though shall have a nice retention OWB holster.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a soldier carrying 100 lbs of crap, would you rather carry a polymer or a steel sidearm that statistically, you won't ever use?

Having been a soldier for a year or twenty, I'd opt for the steel sidearm if it was an M1911A1 because there are liars, damn' liars, and statisticians, none of whose lives depend on the choice.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone just needs to call up the FBI HRT team and tell them their guns are too tight...... :D Over a decade of service and god knows how many rounds and who would of thunk that a little dust and lint could foul up the whole thing. Baer needs to get that phone call too. Funny how he's built a successful business on extremely tight guns.

As far as the reliability disccusions go....the internetz dun told me my ARs are unreliable, my AKs are inaccurate, every .308 platform sucks, my mossbergs won't cycle, my new 870 will fall apart..... etc. I find it's just better to get out and shoot and see for yourself.

Very articulate response.

Congrats!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very articulate response.

Congrats!

I apologize for my sarcasm and not taking your theory more seriously. I just figured we'd leave it with experiences that differ? Or is this so serious that you need to attempt to ad hom some more? :D

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a bersa 1911 that looked pretty cool. They had a full size and a short frame. The price was around $500-650. Don't know how good they are but that ain't a bad price. I think when I get the money I will pick one up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom