you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to help but part of my 12 step program is to admit to you that "I'm the guy at the bar." Good luck and sorry I can't stay and chat I've got a meeting in the Academy parking lot to buy another 1911 from a guy in Broken Arrow.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Streak, if you want, come by the store and I'll give you a "quick" run down on the different makers and their pros and cons. No pressure. Ask surjimmy!!

I may have to take you up on that sometime. Are there any specific recomendations on $700-900 1911s that I should be looking at? I prefer new, love the wide serations on the front and back, along with the beaver tail look. Other than what looks sexy to me I know nothing about them

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may have to take you up on that sometime. Are there any specific recomendations on $700-900 1911s that I should be looking at? I prefer new, love the wide serations on the front and back, along with the beaver tail look. Other than what looks sexy to me I know nothing about them

Come in and I will show you the dark side! Just kidding. There are a few I would recommend in that price range.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to help but part of my 12 step program is to admit to you that "I'm the guy at the bar." Good luck and sorry I can't stay and chat I've got a meeting in the Academy parking lot to buy another 1911 from a guy in Broken Arrow.

Hah! Say hi to surjimmy for me!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's hard to tell people what they like or what feels good in your hands, what sights you like, etc. I'll say that in that price range you could go for a Ruger, Sig, S&W E-series,Springfield, possibly a new or used Colt?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, too, have been craving a 1911. I'm thinking of a lesser gun so if I change my mind I'm not sunk. I've no problem with guns from the Philippines or a Ruger. I don't want a para or Taurus, but a rock island or range officer might be nice.

Although, the ones above are beautiful pieces. Don't get me wrong a Les Baer or Nighthawk would be great, but I'm not sinking that much into as I have too many other desired items.

Oooohhhhh... please don't. You'd put Para in the same category as Taurus? And you'd choose a Rock Island over a Para Ordnance?

Damn... I must be missing something here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom