you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just don't get in a hurry, you can find a like new Colt for $800-$900. My 80 Series Yost, I got for only $1000 off gun broker.
All personal beware, Hoov is the SBD, he pretends to be your friend, buddies up to you, nonchalantly walks you over to a counter and then everything goes dark. You come too in your truck with a new gun and several hundred dollars short, and that funny feeling that you were abducted by Aliens and they used an anal probe on you.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jestik, any semi auto is subject to jam or have a malfunction even you beloved Glock. PLEASE lets not turn this into a 1911 vs Glock, especially since everyone knows 1911's are better.

"Glocks are better"

Looks like you'll need a few glocks.

Ok you two. Bring one 1911 each and a bunch of mags and a bunch of ammo and let's go to a field somewhere and put up or shut up. Let's put our pistols through the muckity muck and the first one to jams buy's dinner for the other.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok you two. Bring one 1911 each and a bunch of mags and a bunch of ammo and let's go to a field somewhere and put up or shut up. Let's put our pistols through the muckity muck and the first one to jams buy's dinner for the other.

The Glock may win that trial but it does not make sense. I clean my guns eveytime I shoot them. The Glock may run for 3 days without a failure, but if we were in a gunfight and you had your choice, you with your Glock or me with my 1911. You would pick the 1911 simply because the 1911 can shoot golfballs and the glock is made to shoot basketballs. I love my glock. It is beside my bed and stays there at all times. The 1911s get shot all the time. It's like comparing a corvett to a gmc pickup. Both are great but the vet is more fun.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jestik, any semi auto is subject to jam or have a malfunction even you beloved Glock. PLEASE lets not turn this into a 1911 vs Glock, especially since everyone knows 1911's are better.

"Glocks are better"

blog.joehuffman.org_content_binary_Windows_Live_Writer_Glock_34_Kaboom_13398_IMG_4376Web2010_2.jpg

www.pirate4x4.com_forum_attachments_outdoor_sports_recreation_bf14aabc8001b10fa1fc8231a5511749.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Looks like you'll need a few glocks.

The Glock may win that trial but it does not make sense. I clean my guns eveytime I shoot them. The Glock may run for 3 days without a failure, but if we were in a gunfight and you had your choice, you with your Glock or me with my 1911. You would pick the 1911 simply because the 1911 can shoot golfballs and the glock is made to shoot basketballs. I love my glock. It is beside my bed and stays there at all times. The 1911s get shot all the time. It's like comparing a corvett to a gmc pickup. Both are great but the vet is more fun.

Not really. I'd take my Glock, and I think you should to. I have 14 shots in my Glock 23 Gen 4. Your 1911 has 8 or 9. More bullets is better in my mind.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
pick your poison both guns have more mag capacity and we don't have enough ammo to break them. One is a Clark Custom .45 and the other is a 9mm/.38 super done by Virgil Tripp. Both shoot golf balls again and again.

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll take a steak on your grill after a great day at the range. I would rather have a steak, cold drink and good conversation with you than a free meal. I will bring the steak.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its hundred years old and more popular than ever. If you purchase a entry level model, I would consider a Ruger, S&W or Springfield because typically their warranty is very good. If it does not run right, they will fix it with the least amount of hassle.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
T, thought you had a Springer GI? Your welcome to run my TRP anytime, but I dont recommend it unless you are already wanting one...... It's just like they say, a mans Barbie, like the AR. Love my TRP, but the trigger could be better, then $500 later I decide I want another upgrade. Well really I'd only like the trigger done, but its pricey for the good stuff by Doc.

Range Officer would be my pick in your price range, but there are plenty of others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom