you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickb2202

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, they are expensive to shoot, expensive to own...for the price of a decent 1911 you can get 2 or 3 Glocks. At some point it WILL jam, and they are extremely heavy for CCW given today's options. Also, Glocks are better.

Buy a colt !!!. I would rather be seen playing with my pud than carrying a glock

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
T, thought you had a Springer GI? Your welcome to run my TRP anytime, but I dont recommend it unless you are already wanting one...... It's just like they say, a mans Barbie, like the AR. Love my TRP, but the trigger could be better, then $500 later I decide I want another upgrade. Well really I'd only like the trigger done, but its pricey for the good stuff by Doc.

Range Officer would be my pick in your price range, but there are plenty of others.

I got really close to getting a springfield EMP last year but balked at the last minute, after playing with the R1 Enhanced. I will check out the range officer. And one of these days we will have to get together and share some toys. We may end up costing each other a lot of money though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok you two. Bring one 1911 each and a bunch of mags and a bunch of ammo and let's go to a field somewhere and put up or shut up. Let's put our pistols through the muckity muck and the first one to jams buy's dinner for the other.

Ahhhh.... the patented internet operator muck test rears it's ugly head. I'll bring my Kevlar if you're shooting a Glock in .40.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. I'd take my Glock, and I think you should to. I have 14 shots in my Glock 23 Gen 4. Your 1911 has 8 or 9. More bullets is better in my mind.

If you're shooting a Glock then you'll probably need them. However, since a 1911 is far superior in accuracy, the extra shots aren't needed.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... the patented internet operator muck test rears it's ugly head. I'll bring my Kevlar if you're shooting a Glock in .40.

If you're shooting a Glock then you'll probably need them. However, since a 1911 is far superior in accuracy, the extra shots aren't needed.

:rotflmao:

Jestik, he's right ... I own both. Both my Colt and my Glock have had work done to them. My Colt is a VASTLY more accurate gun than my Glock ...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:rotflmao:

Jestik, he's right ... I own both. Both my Colt and my Glock have had work done to them. My Colt is a VASTLY more accurate gun than my Glock ...

Something all kinds of right with a woman that loves her Colt..... over a Glock. (Salutes GC)

Latest posts

Top Bottom