You know what sucks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you take your newly recovered J-frame (that's survived without being shot for nearly 2 years in various folks' hands without a scratch) for a bicycle ride and forget that you're sweating just enough to get some on the backstrap and this happens:

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_DSCN0704.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_DSCN0709.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_DSCN0700.jpg

ai70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_DSCN0710.jpg

This sucks, but it appears to be just a little surface corrosion (not into the metal, but it looks to have uglied up the Anodization pretty badly).

Now I'm thinking of having it coated with something a little more sweat-proof. I'm actually thinking of having the frame done in FDE and the cylinder and barrel done in OD (maybe find some OD grips).

Just like being different I guess - I dunno, but I'm definitely going to have it coated so I don't have to worry about sweating on it since its my workout gun.

Anyone got any ideas on color-schemes (aside from Pink)? I was also thinking of the old-school GAP camo or something cool like that.

Oh and I don't want to hear anything from the snobby stainless J-frame peanut gallery - I'm already regretting selling this and getting an all stainless J, but hey - at least this one doesn't have the lock on it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactamundo.

It just shows it gets carried rather than left in a sock drawer.

Michael Brown

Yeah I get that, but I'm worried about how much more corrosion this thing can handle before I start getting into deep surface pitting (there isn't a lot of metal in that grip).

Really just want some protection more than anything else - actually thought about ceramic-based spray-can stuff just to tide me over for a little bit - that was from one trip on the bike (like just 6 miles). I plan on continuing to take it with me everywhere I sweat, so its got some more exposure to sweat coming.

And if I'm getting it coated, I might as well get it done in FDE (since basically everything around should be FDE :D ).

Latest posts

Top Bottom